-   -   portable driver (http://www.linux-archive.org/debian-user/582625-portable-driver.html)

lina 10-02-2011 02:17 PM

portable driver

Hi,

My graphic driver has not been installed,

so I access from console,

but in /media

there is none such portable driver.

I want to use it to transfer large files (more than 100G). use network really slow.

But before when the graphic driver works, I can find it in /media.

Thanks for any suggestions,
--
Best Regards,

lina

Camaleón 10-02-2011 02:27 PM

portable driver

On Sun, 02 Oct 2011 22:17:41 +0800, lina wrote:

> My graphic driver has not been installed,

You mean your VGA driver?

> so I access from console,
>
> but in /media
>
> there is none such portable driver.

And what kind of relation we must see between the VGA driver and your
portable drive? Kindly explain :-)

> I want to use it to transfer large files (more than 100G). use network
> really slow.
>
> But before when the graphic driver works, I can find it in /media.

!?

I still don't see any relation between these two (VGA driver and /media
mount point) as you don't even need a DE nor a graphical driver to mount
your external disk. You can always do it manually by connecting the
external drive and then type "dmesg" to find out where the disk has been
detected, then mount it with "mount" by passing it the right parameters
for perms.

Greetings,

--
Camaleón