-   -   FLOSS implementation of ActiveSync server? (http://www.linux-archive.org/debian-user/582513-floss-implementation-activesync-server.html)

"John A. Sullivan III" 10-02-2011 04:26 AM

On Sat, 2011-10-01 at 22:53 -0400, Gregory Seidman wrote:
> Recent versions of MS Exchange Server implement a protocol (targeted at
> mobile devices) named ActiveSync. I know that Google supports ActiveSync
> for its various services, but those are the only two implementations of the
> protocol AFAIK. I'm hoping there's actually a FLOSS ActiveSync
> implementation I hadn't run across. Does anyone know of one?
>
> --Greg

Zimbra also provides one but I do not think it is part of their open
source community version. Funambol has an open source product but I
believe it is opensync and not activesync. I thought I had heard of
someone who had written an open source implementation for Zimbra but
that is only a vague recollection - John

Peter Beck 10-02-2011 09:37 AM

FLOSS implementation of ActiveSync server?

Gregory Seidman <gsslist+debian@anthropohedron.net> quatschte am Sat, Oct 01, 2011 at 10:53:38PM -0400:
> Recent versions of MS Exchange Server implement a protocol (targeted at
> mobile devices) named ActiveSync. I know that Google supports ActiveSync
> for its various services, but those are the only two implementations of the
> protocol AFAIK. I'm hoping there's actually a FLOSS ActiveSync
> implementation I hadn't run across. Does anyone know of one?
>
> --Greg

Hi Greg,

z-push from Zarafa is an open source implementation of ActiveSync which
works very good for me and is easy to setup.
http://z-push.sourceforge.net/

Peter

Gilles Mocellin 10-02-2011 09:43 AM

Le Sunday 02 October 2011 04:53:38 Gregory Seidman, vous avez écrit :
> Recent versions of MS Exchange Server implement a protocol (targeted at
> mobile devices) named ActiveSync. I know that Google supports ActiveSync
> for its various services, but those are the only two implementations of the
> protocol AFAIK. I'm hoping there's actually a FLOSS ActiveSync
> implementation I hadn't run across. Does anyone know of one?
>
> --Greg

There is z-push from Zarafa http://z-push.sourceforge.net/soswp/
And also o-push from OBM https://code.google.com/p/o-push/

I have used z-push with Zarafa, it works with Android >= 2.2, iPhones, Nokia
N900.

Camaleón 10-02-2011 09:46 AM

On Sat, 01 Oct 2011 22:53:38 -0400, Gregory Seidman wrote:

> Recent versions of MS Exchange Server implement a protocol (targeted at
> mobile devices) named ActiveSync. I know that Google supports ActiveSync
> for its various services, but those are the only two implementations of
> the protocol AFAIK. I'm hoping there's actually a FLOSS ActiveSync
> implementation I hadn't run across. Does anyone know of one?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ActiveSync

SynCE?

Greetings,

--