Old 10-01-2011, 06:29 PM
Ralf Mardorf

Default Wow, Evolution left me with eggs in my face

Do I need to switch back to Windoof's Thunderbird for Linux, or is there
any usable Linux Mailer?

Very cool, I used the undo option from Evolution 3.0.3 and suddenly an
unfinished mail was send to the Ardours's list, with lots of very stupid
stuff included. I was going to edit this to something useful ...
Thought!
With all the others failures caused by Evolution, I would recommend to
stop this idiotic project, it only is bad programming ... search folders
don't work, even the return-key sometimes cause stupid cursor positions
and latest stroke of genius, to change the kind mails are saved, very
good. I've got a list of completely idiotic, annoying, time wasting
things ... please Evolution coders, stop your project! Search the Debian
archive, when several people and I just upgraded and were not able to
keep old emails, a long time before the time you switched to another
kind of mail management ... thank you, thank you, thank you ... for the
10,000th time Evolution caused nonsense, that makes me look like a
troll .

Good work you mother fuckers!

Old 10-01-2011, 06:49 PM
Ralf Mardorf

Sorry, I was pissed.

Old 10-01-2011, 07:38 PM
Walter Hurry

On Sat, 01 Oct 2011 20:29:59 +0200, Ralf Mardorf wrote:

> Do I need to switch back to Windoof's Thunderbird for Linux, or is there
> any usable Linux Mailer?
>
> Very cool, I used the undo option from Evolution 3.0.3 and suddenly an
> unfinished mail was send to the Ardours's list, with lots of very stupid
> stuff included. I was going to edit this to something useful ...
> Thought!
> With all the others failures caused by Evolution, I would recommend to
> stop this idiotic project, it only is bad programming ... search folders
> don't work, even the return-key sometimes cause stupid cursor positions
> and latest stroke of genius, to change the kind mails are saved, very
> good. I've got a list of completely idiotic, annoying, time wasting
> things ... please Evolution coders, stop your project! Search the Debian
> archive, when several people and I just upgraded and were not able to
> keep old emails, a long time before the time you switched to another
> kind of mail management ... thank you, thank you, thank you ... for the
> 10,000th time Evolution caused nonsense, that makes me look like a troll
> .
>
> Good work you mother fuckers!

A post like that does not deserve a constructive response. Plonk.

Old 10-01-2011, 08:14 PM
Wayne Topa

Do I need to switch back to Windoof's Thunderbird for Linux, or is there
any usable Linux Mailer?

<<<<<<< SNIPPED >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

A post like that does not deserve a constructive response. Plonk.

It surely did NOT have to be included in your reply either!!!

Archive: 4E8774BD.1010802@gmail.com">http://lists.debian.org/4E8774BD.1010802@gmail.com

Old 10-01-2011, 08:38 PM
Camaleón

On Sat, 01 Oct 2011 20:49:10 +0200, Ralf Mardorf wrote:

> Sorry, I was pissed.

Sure? I didn't even notice >:-)

Okay, but for the next time take a deep breath for a few seconds before
posting all that heap of insane wording.

Greetings,

--
Camaleón

Old 10-01-2011, 08:53 PM
Walter Hurry

On Sat, 01 Oct 2011 16:14:53 -0400, Wayne Topa wrote:

> On 10/01/2011 03:38 PM, Walter Hurry wrote:
>> On Sat, 01 Oct 2011 20:29:59 +0200, Ralf Mardorf wrote:
>>
>>> Do I need to switch back to Windoof's Thunderbird for Linux, or is
>>> there any usable Linux Mailer?
>>>
> <<<<<<< SNIPPED >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

>> A post like that does not deserve a constructive response. Plonk.
>>

> It surely did NOT have to be included in your reply either!!!

Well, the first question I could and would have answered, but after the
rest I was so disgusted that I did not wish to try assisting. I left the
original post intact so that anyone who did not read the whole thread
could see what was going on.

However, I concede that I should probably have snipped; sorry.

Old 10-01-2011, 09:15 PM
Thierry Chatelet

> Well, the first question I could and would have answered, but after the
> rest I was so disgusted that I did not wish to try assisting. I left the
> original post intact so that anyone who did not read the whole thread
> could see what was going on.

I guess you took a deep breath in between the two sentences, as suggested by
Camaleón!!!

> However, I concede that I should probably have snipped; sorry.

hierry

Old 10-01-2011, 10:23 PM
Liam O'Toole

On 2011-10-01, Ralf Mardorf <ralf.mardorf@alice-dsl.net> wrote:
> Sorry, I was pissed.

In the British or the American sense? It's hard to tell.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=pissed

> On Sat, 2011-10-01 at 20:29 +0200, Ralf Mardorf wrote:
>> Do I need to switch back to Windoof's Thunderbird for Linux, or is there
>> any usable Linux Mailer?
>>
>> Very cool, I used the undo option from Evolution 3.0.3 and suddenly an
>> unfinished mail was send to the Ardours's list, with lots of very stupid
>> stuff included. I was going to edit this to something useful ...
>> Thought!
>> With all the others failures caused by Evolution, I would recommend to
>> stop this idiotic project, it only is bad programming ... search folders
>> don't work, even the return-key sometimes cause stupid cursor positions
>> and latest stroke of genius, to change the kind mails are saved, very
>> good. I've got a list of completely idiotic, annoying, time wasting
>> things ... please Evolution coders, stop your project! Search the Debian
>> archive, when several people and I just upgraded and were not able to
>> keep old emails, a long time before the time you switched to another
>> kind of mail management ... thank you, thank you, thank you ... for the
>> 10,000th time Evolution caused nonsense, that makes me look like a
>> troll .
>>
>> Good work you mother fuckers!

--
Liam O'Toole
Cork, Ireland

Old 10-01-2011, 11:22 PM
Lisi

On Saturday 01 October 2011 23:23:10 Liam O'Toole wrote:
> On 2011-10-01, Ralf Mardorf <ralf.mardorf@alice-dsl.net> wrote:
> > Sorry, I was pissed.
>
> In the British or the American sense? It's hard to tell.

Since a mere 20 minutes later he wrote that he *was* pissed, it must have been
in the American sense. No-one could go from very drunk to sober in 20
minutes!! I did rather wonder what he meant - I didn't know that the
American sense existed.

Lisi

Old 10-02-2011, 05:05 AM
Andrew McGlashan

Hi,

On 2011-10-01, Ralf Mardorf <ralf.mardorf@alice-dsl.net> wrote:

Sorry, I was pissed.

In the British or the American sense? It's hard to tell.

Since a mere 20 minutes later he wrote that he *was* pissed, it must have been
in the American sense. No-one could go from very drunk to sober in 20
minutes!! I did rather wonder what he meant - I didn't know that the
American sense existed.

Well, here in AU, both are used. Normally it is "pissed off" for angry,
but "pissed" works on it's own too -- lots of things get abbreviated
without losing meaning when you know the context. And yes, I'm sure we
have many international influences that gives us understanding of many
areas of the world.

My mum (mom for you US folk) visited New Zealand and asked for some
durex tape at a newsagent -- they understood Durex condoms..... so it
was funny at the time. Durex tape is sticky tape in AU.

Napkins / serviettes, I guess that is an age thing more than a location
one. Both work for me too, perhaps the young ones only understand
serviettes from their McDonalds "all their life" existence. Napkins are
more homely, serviettes are more take away.

--
Kind Regards
AndrewM

Andrew McGlashan