Old 10-01-2011, 03:23 PM
T o n g

Default OT: a bash without history

Hi,

[OT because this bash is not from Debian, but on IBM server, not
installed but copied over from another user]

Ok, so I copied this bash executable over from another user, and the
problem I have is that this bash gives me no history.

I'm using my standard profile settings, which works everywhere. But with
this bash, 'previous-command' gives me nothing. 'history' will list
nothing as well.

Any clue to fix it?

Thanks

--
Tong (remove underscore(s) to reply)
http://xpt.sourceforge.net/techdocs/

Old 10-01-2011, 04:39 PM
T o n g

On Sat, 01 Oct 2011 15:23:07 +0000, T o n g wrote:

> Ok, so I copied this bash executable over from another user . . .

Never mind -- bit the bullet and compile the bash myself. AOK now.