Old 09-30-2011, 03:33 AM
lina

Default xserver-xorg-core and fglrx-driver

Hi,

When I update this morning (wheezy one but with sid fglrx-driver), the xserver-xorg-core was updated.

my fglrx-driver was removed,

when I tried to install, it's reported:

fglrx-driver depends on xorg-video-abi-10 or -8 or -6. which are not avaiable.

then I checked package

xserver-xorg-core(2:1.11.1-1), which has already been installed.

xserver-xorg-core-udeb_1.11.1-1_amd64.udeb on AMD64 machines seems not a good choice.
seems the* fglrx-driver (1:11-8-3) dep: xserver-xorg-core (<< 2:1.10.99)

Thanks for any suggestions,

--
Best Regards,

lina

Old 09-30-2011, 07:08 AM
"tv.debian@googlemail.com"

30/09/2011 05:33, lina wrote:
> Hi,
>
> When I update this morning (wheezy one but with sid fglrx-driver), the
> xserver-xorg-core was updated.
>
> my fglrx-driver was removed,
>
> when I tried to install, it's reported:
>
> fglrx-driver depends on xorg-video-abi-10 or -8 or -6. which are not
> avaiable.
>
> then I checked package
>
> xserver-xorg-core(2:1.11.1-1), which has already been installed.
>
> xserver-xorg-core-udeb_1.11.1-1_amd64.udeb on AMD64 machines seems not a
> good choice.
>
> seems the fglrx-driver (1:11-8-3) dep: xserver-xorg-core (<< 2:1.10.99)
>
> Thanks for any suggestions,
>

> --
> Best Regards,
>
> lina

Hi, you can either try to use the free driver for a while, AMD will
eventually deliver a compatible fglrx driver at some point ; or you can
Look at you apt[itude] logs to see exactly what has been upgraded,
download those packages from snapshot.debian.org, and install them with
"dpkg -i".
You must downgrade ALL xserver-xorg related packages which have been
upgraded, not just the core ones, the ABI change will make your mouse
and keyboard fail if you don't downgrade input packages for instance.

Hope it helps.

Old 09-30-2011, 12:34 PM
Ralf Jung

Hi,

> When I update this morning (wheezy one but with sid fglrx-driver), the
> xserver-xorg-core was updated.
>
> my fglrx-driver was removed,
>
> when I tried to install, it's reported:
>
> fglrx-driver depends on xorg-video-abi-10 or -8 or -6. which are not
> avaiable.
>
> then I checked package
>
> xserver-xorg-core(2:1.11.1-1), which has already been installed.
>
> xserver-xorg-core-udeb_1.11.1-1_amd64.udeb on AMD64 machines seems not a
> good choice.
>
> seems the fglrx-driver (1:11-8-3) dep: xserver-xorg-core (<< 2:1.10.99)
Yeah, unfortunately fglrx was removed from Debian testing recently, breaking
3d acceleration on a whole lot of systems. Now at least I know why it is
called "testing" ;-)
I hope AMD will release an update soon, and someone will set the priority to
high so that it gets to testing quickly.

Kind regards,
Ralf