Old 09-29-2011, 09:39 PM
Brad Alexander

Default d.o slow upgrades?

Is it just me or is ftp.debian.org glacially slow today? I am trying to upgrade my workstation, and am getting between 16 and 35kB/s.

--b

Old 09-29-2011, 09:46 PM
Bob Proulx

Brad Alexander wrote:
> Is it just me or is ftp.debian.org glacially slow today? I am trying to
> upgrade my workstation, and am getting between 16 and 35kB/s.

I can't remember if ftp.debian.org is a single IP CDN or not (if not
then I am sure it eventually will be) but as far as I know the
recommendation is still to use a country mirror.

http://www.debian.org/mirror/list

If you are in the US try using the US mirror.

ftp.us.debian.org

Bob