Old 09-27-2011, 09:44 PM
Mark Panen

Default google & iceweasel does not function

Hi,

I am having intermittent problems where the google search bar does not
work in iceweasel. Works fine on opera and chromium. Tried removing
the cookies but that does not help. Yahoo and ask works. Ask works to
a point where it tries to connect to google. I can ping google as well
as traceroute.

Any ideas?

Running Squeeze KDE.

Mark

Old 09-28-2011, 11:20 AM
Camaleón

On Tue, 27 Sep 2011 23:44:43 +0200, Mark Panen wrote:

> I am having intermittent problems where the google search bar does not
> work in iceweasel.

(...)

You mean Google search bar or search addon (toolbox)? What is what is not
working exactly? You get no connection to Google search or time outs
or...?

You can try to remove google search and add it from scratch.

Greetings,

--
Camaleón

Old 09-29-2011, 01:45 AM
Mark Panen

On Wed, Sep 28, 2011 at 1:20 PM, Camaleón <noelamac@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, 27 Sep 2011 23:44:43 +0200, Mark Panen wrote:
>
>> I am having intermittent problems where the google search bar does not
>> work in iceweasel.
>
> (...)
>
> You mean Google search bar or search addon (toolbox)? What is what is not
> working exactly? You get no connection to Google search or time outs
> or...?
>
> You can try to remove google search and add it from scratch.
>
> Greetings,
>
> --
> Camaleón

nothing related to google was working, the blank page would just sit
there, today it works, touch wood.