Old 09-26-2011, 01:20 AM
Mark Panen

Default bluedevil no pop up in panel

Hi,

I am using Squeeze KDE and have just installed bluedevil but when i
insert my bluetooth dongle there is no pop up in the panel. I have
started the bluetooth service.

Is there any other package i need?

Marek

Old 09-26-2011, 04:14 AM
Scott Ferguson

On 26/09/11 11:20, Mark Panen wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am using Squeeze KDE and have just installed bluedevil but when i
> insert my bluetooth dongle there is no pop up in the panel. I have
> started the bluetooth service.
>
> Is there any other package i need?
>
> Marek

SystemSettings => Bluetooth => Devices
Pair devices and set trust etc.
Setup your adaptors

Now you should see the icon in the systray.

Cheers

Old 09-26-2011, 05:37 AM
Mark Panen

On Mon, Sep 26, 2011 at 6:14 AM, Scott Ferguson
<prettyfly.productions@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 26/09/11 11:20, Mark Panen wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I am using Squeeze KDE and have just installed bluedevil but when i
>> insert my bluetooth dongle there is no pop up in the panel. I have
>> started the bluetooth service.
>>
>> Is there any other package i need?
>>
>> Marek
>>

> SystemSettings => Bluetooth => Devices
> Pair devices and set trust etc.
> Setup your adaptors
>
> Now you should see the icon in the systray.
>
> Cheers

Thanks, it works sort of, but i want to browse my Nokia 5800, so
Dolphin opens and obexftp starts searching my Nokia directories, once
they came up (c/ and e/) but it keeps on searching and searching e/
forever with no results. I know this phone works on Linux bluetooth as
i had it working on another distro.

Old 09-26-2011, 07:31 AM
Scott Ferguson

Sorry - I gave bad advice - I've edited this accordingly.

On 26/09/11 15:37, Mark Panen wrote:
> On Mon, Sep 26, 2011 at 6:14 AM, Scott Ferguson
> <prettyfly.productions@gmail.com> wrote:
>> On 26/09/11 11:20, Mark Panen wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I am using Squeeze KDE and have just installed bluedevil but when i
>>> insert my bluetooth dongle there is no pop up in the panel.

The systray tool should have a menu entry in "Internet"

>>> I have
>>> started the bluetooth service.
>>>
>>> Is there any other package i need?

Yes! probably obexftp
Have a look at the filepath Dolphin is using when trying to browse the
phone using bluetooth (you may have to enable display path in Dolphin).
If it's "obexftp://<bluetooth address>" AND
$ dpkg --get-selections obexftp
returns nothing then you'll need to install it.
# apt-get install obexftp

You'll also need to add yourself to the bluetooth group, logout, then
log back in.

<snipped>

You should maybe file a bug report on that if it fixes the problem.
In my case it kind of works - sits at 96%
The phone "remote obexftp directory" shows as blank in Dolphin.

I found that changing to another directory, then changing back - brought
up the phone in Dolphin.
The phone "remote obexftp directory" shows as blank in Dolphin.

The same weirdness happens sometimes when changing to sub-directories,
maybe I'm just not waiting long enough - but it sure seems like
"changing out of, and then back in to, directories" stops the "sit at
96% and show as blank" thing. (If that makes sense).

So something else is not 'quite' right.
I also noticed a segfault from the obex-data server (nothing useful in
logs). Data tranfers works - but slow (compared to USB, which is why I'd
never tried it).

NOTE: I've got a different phone (LG KM900), YMV.

Cheers