Old 09-25-2011, 01:38 PM
Frank

Default Avidemux not in Debian repositories?

On 25/09/11 09:28 AM, Camaleón wrote:

On Sun, 25 Sep 2011 09:22:56 -0400, Frank wrote:

I was looking for Avidemux and my initial aptitude search doesn't show
it in the repositories. Did I miss it...I know it's in
debian-multimedia.org but I **understand** there have been problems with
some of the software from there..i.e. VLC in particular.

I am running Debian Sid.

Well, you can compile Avidemux from sources but I would first try with D-
M packages. Just install the required packages and disable the repo again
if you fear to mix-up things. If you face any problem, repor it.

I was just worried about VLC and ffmpeg---I recall I and others had
problems mixing those two pieces of software from D-M . I'll give their
version of Avidemux a try - apparently it should be safe as it doens't
depend on external things like ffmpeg.

Thanks for the advice.

--
Cheers
Frank

Archive: 4E7F2ED8.9000302@videotron.ca">http://lists.debian.org/4E7F2ED8.9000302@videotron.ca

Old 09-25-2011, 02:13 PM
Brad Rogers

On Sun, 25 Sep 2011 09:38:32 -0400
Frank <debianlist@videotron.ca> wrote:

Hello Frank,

> I was just worried about VLC and ffmpeg---I recall I and others had
> problems mixing those two pieces of software from D-M . I'll give

Until recently, VLC wasn't on D-M. Christian put it there precisely
because of the issues you allude to.

--
Regards _
/ ) "The blindingly obvious is