Old 09-25-2011, 01:22 PM
Frank

Default Avidemux not in Debian repositories?

I was looking for Avidemux and my initial aptitude search doesn't
show it in the repositories. Did I miss it...I know it's in
debian-multimedia.org but I **understand** there have been problems with
some of the software from there..i.e. VLC in particular.

I am running Debian Sid.

--
Cheers
Frank

Archive: 4E7F2B30.9090807@videotron.ca">http://lists.debian.org/4E7F2B30.9090807@videotron.ca

Old 09-25-2011, 01:28 PM
Camaleón

On Sun, 25 Sep 2011 09:22:56 -0400, Frank wrote:

> I was looking for Avidemux and my initial aptitude search doesn't show
> it in the repositories. Did I miss it...I know it's in
> debian-multimedia.org but I **understand** there have been problems with
> some of the software from there..i.e. VLC in particular.
>
> I am running Debian Sid.

Well, you can compile Avidemux from sources but I would first try with D-
M packages. Just install the required packages and disable the repo again
if you fear to mix-up things. If you face any problem, repor it.

Greetings,

--
Camaleón