Old 09-25-2011, 11:31 AM
Mark Panen

Default Am i playing with fire?

Hi,

Some packages i want to install on my Squeeze machine just don't have
the right dependencies or packages, so i take what i need from
testing. Am i going to bork my installation?

Mark

Old 09-25-2011, 12:04 PM
Pete Orrall

On Sun, 2011-09-25 at 13:31 +0200, Mark Panen wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Some packages i want to install on my Squeeze machine just don't have
> the right dependencies or packages, so i take what i need from
> testing. Am i going to bork my installation?

Short answer:

Yes.

But....more info is needed. What packages are you looking to install?
Have you looked at backports?
--
Pete Orrall
ppatfcb@gmail.com