Old 09-25-2011, 01:20 AM
Scott Ferguson

Default Control panel

On 25/09/11 09:24, Mark Panen wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Is there a control panel similar to Mandriva, openSUSE, etc in
> Squeeze? other than Webmin. Google shows a lot of hosting control
> panels for Debian but thats not what i am after.
>
> Cheers
>
> Mark

Trick question - you don't mention which DE you want this GUI settings
manager for....

KDE:-
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/System_Settings

XFCE:-
http://www.xfce.org/projects/xfce4-settings

Most DEs (Fluxbox, Enlightenment, GNOME, etc) have something similar.

Cheers

--
"People say, “Don’t be hard on the New Kids [on the Block], Bill.
They’re good kids. They’re role models.” When did banality and

Old 09-25-2011, 12:01 PM
Camalen

On Sun, 25 Sep 2011 01:24:55 +0200, Mark Panen wrote:

> Is there a control panel similar to Mandriva, openSUSE, etc in Squeeze?
> other than Webmin. Google shows a lot of hosting control panels for
> Debian but thats not what i am after.

He, he... there is nothing like openSUSE's YasT :-)

I'm not aware of something similar here though individual packages may
provide standlaone GUI tools for managing/configuring/setting up specific
services (e.g., swat for samba, etc...).

Greetings,

--
Camalen