Old 09-24-2011, 04:11 PM
Eneko Gotzon Ares

Default Boot loader installation failed.

I'm a humble Mac user trying to start using Debian (Squeeze) on a 2.1 GHz PowerPC G5.The processor is a PowerPC 970fx*"G5" with 64-bit data paths and registers, with native
support for 32-bit application code.
I have download powerpc netinst image and run install64 command.
The installation progress well until the yaboot boot loader (last step before finish): it always fails at its 83% progression rate.*I have unsuccessfully tried all options proposed by the installer.
There is advice about installing the Debian Lenny's yaboot intead.What you think?Any help will welcome.
Thank you very much. --Eneko Gotzon Ares

Old 09-24-2011, 05:06 PM
Camaleón

On Sat, 24 Sep 2011 18:11:33 +0200, Eneko Gotzon Ares wrote:

> I'm a humble Mac user trying to start using Debian (Squeeze) on a 2.1
> GHz PowerPC G5.

(...)

There is a dedicated mailing list for the ppc arch, just in case you
still have not done it I would also post this question there:

http://lists.debian.org/debian-powerpc/

Greetings,

--
Camaleón