Old 09-22-2011, 03:50 AM
Scott Ferguson

Default cursor theme "Adwaita" and "DMZ" on KDE

On 22/09/11 13:03, H Xu wrote:
> Hello,
>
> On GNOME, Adwaita and DMZ cursor theme have their own waiting cursor,
> but on my KDE, their waiting cursor, resize cursor are the same as
> oxygen. I am wondering whether this is caused by the packaging of
> debian. Anyone meets the same problem?
>
> Thanks.
>
> Hong

I'm pretty sure KDE uses different themes to GNOME ie. selecting a
particular theme in GNOME doesn't automatically make KDE use the same theme.
As I'm not familiar with "Adwaita" or "DMZ" I don't know whether they
can be made part of a KDE cursor theme.

Try => System Settings => Keyboard & Mouse => Mouse => Mouse Settings =>
Cursor Theme
and then "Install new theme...", navigate to where you've installed the
GNOME cursor themes you mentioned and see if KDE will recognise and use
them.

Cheers

--
"People say to me, "Bill, quit bringing up Kennedy, man. Let it go. It
was a long time ago. Just forget about it."

Old 09-22-2011, 11:22 AM
Camalen

On Thu, 22 Sep 2011 11:03:47 +0800, H Xu wrote:

> On GNOME, Adwaita and DMZ cursor theme have their own waiting cursor,
> but on my KDE, their waiting cursor, resize cursor are the same as
> oxygen. I am wondering whether this is caused by the packaging of
> debian. Anyone meets the same problem?

I can see two possible problems here:

1/ Icon is there but not rendered
2/ Missing icons have not been packaged

DMZ icons are located under "/usr/share/icons/DMZ-*" so I would start by
discarding a packaging problem.

If the icons are there but still not rendered you can try to set a
different KDE theme to check for any difference or login with a "clean"
user to discard something wrong with your usual profile.

Greetings,

--
Camalen

Old 09-22-2011, 01:38 PM
H Xu

On 09/22/2011 07:22 PM, Camalen wrote:
> On Thu, 22 Sep 2011 11:03:47 +0800, H Xu wrote:
>
>> On GNOME, Adwaita and DMZ cursor theme have their own waiting cursor,
>> but on my KDE, their waiting cursor, resize cursor are the same as
>> oxygen. I am wondering whether this is caused by the packaging of
>> debian. Anyone meets the same problem?
>
> I can see two possible problems here:
>
> 1/ Icon is there but not rendered
> 2/ Missing icons have not been packaged
>
> DMZ icons are located under "/usr/share/icons/DMZ-*" so I would start by
> discarding a packaging problem.
>
> If the icons are there but still not rendered you can try to set a
> different KDE theme to check for any difference or login with a "clean"
> user to discard something wrong with your usual profile.

Icons are there not missing. I will try to change my theme and also try
a new user tomorrow, and thanks for your care.

Hong

Archive: 4E7B3A66.8060203@gmail.com">http://lists.debian.org/4E7B3A66.8060203@gmail.com

Old 09-23-2011, 12:37 AM
Scott Ferguson

On 22/09/11 23:38, H Xu wrote:
> On 09/22/2011 07:22 PM, Camaleón wrote:
>> On Thu, 22 Sep 2011 11:03:47 +0800, H Xu wrote:
>>
>>> On GNOME, Adwaita and DMZ cursor theme have their own waiting cursor,
>>> but on my KDE, their waiting cursor, resize cursor are the same as
>>> oxygen. I am wondering whether this is caused by the packaging of
>>> debian. Anyone meets the same problem?
>>
>> I can see two possible problems here:
>>
>> 1/ Icon is there but not rendered
>> 2/ Missing icons have not been packaged
>>
>> DMZ icons are located under "/usr/share/icons/DMZ-*" so I would start by
>> discarding a packaging problem.
>>
>> If the icons are there but still not rendered you can try to set a
>> different KDE theme to check for any difference or login with a "clean"
>> user to discard something wrong with your usual profile.
>

> Icons are there not missing. I will try to change my theme and also try
> a new user tomorrow, and thanks for your care.
>
> Hong

You might also try:-
# update-alternatives --config x-cursor-theme

Cheers

--
"As if growing wasn't hard enough - I had a genius for an older brother.
I'd say "I don't have to do anything!" and he'd say