Old 09-23-2011, 04:16 AM
Sthu Deus

Default 3D.rendering became slow since moved to wheezy.

Thank You for Your time and answer, Wolodja:

>Is glxgears your only benchmark for establishing that 3D rendering is
>slow? If so, it is most likely that it is a faulty benchmark as I am
>sure that 60FPS is due to the FPS being synchronised to the VSYNC
>(refresh rate) of your TFT (i.e. 60Hz).

My eyes too are kind of a benchmark. - I just used glxgears to see
what it gives me.

>Is it actually slower? What is the output of:

Yes. Extremely slowly.

> $ glxinfo | grep -e 'direct|renderer'

direct rendering: Yes
OpenGL renderer string: Gallium 0.4 on ATI RS480

Old 09-23-2011, 05:22 AM
Sthu Deus

Thank You for Your time and answer, Arnt:

>..maybe I should have said:
>try: "fgfs --disable-sound
>--disable-ai-models
>--disable-mp ", the idea is disable the USS Nimitz too.
>Note to Homeland Securityate: The FlightGear AI demo. ;o)

That's what I did except --disable-mp option as the game says it has no
such option. So starting the game ends up w/ segfault.

>> - Now-days for it works -
>> when I admit speed change - so glxgears do also.
>
>..yes, reporting your new vsync.

OK, agreed.

I have tried w/ openarena - to benchmark FPS and this what I' ve got:

840 frames 18.8 seconds 44.6 fps 8.0/22.4/169.0/9.3 ms

So, the situation is even worse: 44 FPS.

Old 09-23-2011, 08:25 AM
Wolodja Wentland

Hello Sthu,

On Fri, Sep 23, 2011 at 11:16 +0700, Sthu Deus wrote:
> >Is it actually slower? What is the output of:
>
> Yes. Extremely slowly.
>
> > $ glxinfo | grep -e 'direct|renderer'
>
> direct rendering: Yes
> OpenGL renderer string: Gallium 0.4 on ATI RS480

That is the output I was hoping for as it means that you do indeed have
hardware 3D acceleration. I will get back to you once I've finished my coffee
and can think of other reasons for your system behaving so slow despite having
hw accel.

What exactly is slow?

May you have a nice day
--
Wolodja <babilen@gmail.com>

4096R/CAF14EFC
081C B7CD FF04 2BA9 94EA 36B2 8B7F 7D30 CAF1 4EFC

Old 09-23-2011, 11:06 AM
Arnt Karlsen

On Fri, 23 Sep 2011 12:22:20 +0700, Sthu wrote in message
<4e7c1799.4819cc0a.6c13.2144@mx.google.com>:

> Thank You for Your time and answer, Arnt:
>
> >..maybe I should have said:
> >try: "fgfs --disable-sound
> >--disable-ai-models
> >--disable-mp ", the idea is disable the USS Nimitz too.
> >Note to Homeland Securityate: The FlightGear AI demo. ;o)
>
> That's what I did except --disable-mp option as the game says it has
> no such option. So starting the game ends up w/ segfault.

..which is why I asked you to use the correct options,
rather than my hazy memories of them. fgfs -v -h |less

> >> - Now-days for it works -
> >> when I admit speed change - so glxgears do also.
> >
> >..yes, reporting your new vsync.
>
> OK, agreed.
>
> I have tried w/ openarena - to benchmark FPS and this what I' ve got:
>
> 840 frames 18.8 seconds 44.6 fps 8.0/22.4/169.0/9.3 ms
>
> So, the situation is even worse: 44 FPS.

..well, can you see any stuttering? The wast majority of TV viewers
are happy with 1920x1080 at 30fps, but I agree openarena and FG should
match you vsync.

Old 09-23-2011, 12:49 PM
Sthu Deus

Thank You for Your time and answer, Wolodja:

>What exactly is slow?

Actually, games and probably video playing.

>May you have a nice day

Thank You. And thank You for Your time for me!

Old 09-23-2011, 12:56 PM
Sthu Deus

Thank You for Your time and answer, Arnt:

>..which is why I asked you to use the correct options,
>rather than my hazy memories of them. fgfs -v -h |less

And so I did right at the first try.

>> I have tried w/ openarena - to benchmark FPS and this what I' ve got:
>>
>> 840 frames 18.8 seconds 44.6 fps 8.0/22.4/169.0/9.3 ms
>>
>> So, the situation is even worse: 44 FPS.
>
>..well, can you see any stuttering? The wast majority of TV viewers
>are happy with 1920x1080 at 30fps, but I agree openarena and FG should
>match you vsync.

Of course I do - this is the very problem that I have started the
thread. No I can play OA only w/ the fastest settings and even then
sluttering is notable.

So...