Old 09-08-2011, 09:42 AM
Denny Schierz

Default Squeeze: Possible? Don't resolv NFS Links/path

hi,

We have the NFS homes on something like:

/nethome/disc01/users/homes/foobar
/nethome/disc02/users/homes/bla
/nethome/disc03/users/homes/golem

and a special mountpoint for /home, that contains links to the real
homepath:

pwd shows "/nethome/disc02/users/homes/bla" instead of /home/bla. But
not all programs shows this. The KDE terminal has "~" lxterminal
"/nethome/disc02/users/homes/bla" ...

So, is it possible to "hide" the real path?

getent passwd foobar

foobar:x:14103:26:Foobar student:/home/foobar:/bin/bash

The NFS Server resides on Solaris 10.

any suggestions?

Old 09-08-2011, 10:57 AM
Denny Schierz

hi,

Am Donnerstag, den 08.09.2011, 11:30 +0100 schrieb Darac Marjal:

> Presumably you have a symlink such as:
> /home/foobar -> /nethome/disc01/users/homes/foobar
>
> You could try using pam-mount to create a bind mount in /home/$user.

I'm not sure, if it fits for ~2000 students ... but interesting hint.

thanks

cu denny