Old 09-07-2011, 07:28 PM
rir

Default Squeeze GNOME Terminal 2.30.2 config

I am not finding the info to do this.

I'd like to configure Gnome Terminal to:

o- Pass the <F1> key through to the program being run.

o- Have the terminal launch in 25 lines x 80 columns

o- Have the terminal launch in a custom size or zoom setting.

I want to do this by some configuration settings, not by mousing
around.

Thanks for any help,

Rob

Old 09-07-2011, 08:34 PM
Bob Proulx

rir wrote:
> I'd like to configure Gnome Terminal to:
> o- Pass the <F1> key through to the program being run.
> o- Have the terminal launch in 25 lines x 80 columns
> o- Have the terminal launch in a custom size or zoom setting.
> I want to do this by some configuration settings, not by mousing
> around.

It reads to me that you would be happier running XTerm instead of
gnome-terminal.

$ xterm -geometry =80x25 &

$ xterm -geometry =80x25 -fn 8x9 &

$ xterm -geometry =80x25 -fn 9x15 &

$ xterm -geometry =80x25 -fn '-efont-fixed-medium-r-normal-*-16-*-*-*-*-*-iso10646-1' &

$ update-alternatives --display x-terminal-emulator

# update-alternatives --config x-terminal-emulator

Bob

Old 09-08-2011, 11:49 AM
Camaleón

On Wed, 07 Sep 2011 15:28:32 -0400, rir wrote:

> I am not finding the info to do this.
>
> I'd like to configure Gnome Terminal to:
>
> o- Pass the <F1> key through to the program being run.

I dunno if this is what you asked for or you need how to escape "F1" or
something like that... anyway, "F1" launches GNOME help so you will have
to disable that key binding from the gnome-terminal "Edit" menu.

> o- Have the terminal launch in 25 lines x 80 columns

gnome-terminal --geometry=80x25

> o- Have the terminal launch in a custom size or zoom setting.

gnome-terminal --geometry=80x25 --zoom=2

Greetings,

--
Camaleón