Old 09-07-2011, 07:11 PM
Johan Scheepers

Default Install Debian 6 with only cell phone mobile modem Huawei E1752

Good day,

Due to telephone cable theft I am without landline and my dsl internet
connection.

When repairs will done unknown.
So I have got a Huawei E1752 mobile modem and sim.
Now I have a debian 6 cd. That is installed on a 5400 revs sata internal
laptop drive while dsl still working. Mobile works fine on existing os.

Have ordered debian 6 on 8 dvd's. Done a test install while waiting with
only mobile modem.
Now install unable to install the internet service due not able to
configure DHCP.

This installation will now be on a 7400 rev internal laptop drive.

Now after install and reboot no networking.

Did some google but not correct answers for maybe not correct questions.

Kindly please how to install networking from cd or eventually from said
dvd's.

Maybe stiil not the correct questions?
Thanks
Johan

Archive: 4E67C1CD.50904@telkomsa.net">http://lists.debian.org/4E67C1CD.50904@telkomsa.net

Old 09-07-2011, 07:32 PM
Paul van der Vlis

Op 07-09-11 21:11, Johan Scheepers schreef:
> Good day,
>
> Due to telephone cable theft I am without landline and my dsl internet
> connection.
> When repairs will done unknown.
> So I have got a Huawei E1752 mobile modem and sim.
> Now I have a debian 6 cd. That is installed on a 5400 revs sata internal
> laptop drive while dsl still working. Mobile works fine on existing os.
>
> Have ordered debian 6 on 8 dvd's. Done a test install while waiting with
> only mobile modem.
> Now install unable to install the internet service due not able to
> configure DHCP.
> This installation will now be on a 7400 rev internal laptop drive.
>
> Now after install and reboot no networking.

I expect it will help when you install network-manager. When you are
using Gnome, install the package network-manager-gnome, when using KDE
install the package network-manager-kde. When using something else, I
don't know what to do, maybe tell us what you use.

> Did some google but not correct answers for maybe not correct questions.
>
> Kindly please how to install networking from cd or eventually from said
> dvd's.

You can install from CD or DVD on the same way as you can install from
the internet, when you /etc/apt/sources.list file is correct configured.

I would install it on a way like this:
su # become root, will ask for a password
apt-get install network-manager-gnome # install it.

If you get an error, paste it to the list.

But you can also do it with Synaptic.

With regards,
Paul.

--
Paul van der Vlis Linux systeembeheer, Groningen
http://www.vandervlis.nl