Old 09-06-2011, 02:45 PM
John Salmon

Default Moving EMail to another Evolution installation

I have Evolution (version 2.22.3.1) installed and working on an older
Debian system. I'm trying to move it to a newer Debian system with
Evolution version 2.30.3. I did 'Backup Settings' on the old system and
'Restore Settings' on the newer system. Everything seems to have been
moved properly, but the new installation won't read mail. The 'Send /
Receive' button is grayed out and has no effect. Both boxes are
connected to a Linksys wireless router. However, the old (working)
system is hard connected to the router and the new system is wirelessly
connected. Any suggestions?

Old 09-06-2011, 03:07 PM
Camaleón

On Tue, 06 Sep 2011 09:45:53 -0500, John Salmon wrote:

> I have Evolution (version 2.22.3.1) installed and working on an older
> Debian system. I'm trying to move it to a newer Debian system with
> Evolution version 2.30.3. I did 'Backup Settings' on the old system and
> 'Restore Settings' on the newer system. Everything seems to have been
> moved properly, but the new installation won't read mail. The 'Send /
> Receive' button is grayed out and has no effect. Both boxes are
> connected to a Linksys wireless router. However, the old (working)
> system is hard connected to the router and the new system is wirelessly
> connected. Any suggestions?

Mmm, this one sounds me... check that you are not working "offline".

Greetings,

--
Camaleón

Old 09-10-2011, 02:07 PM
John Salmon

How stoopid of me! Actually, my 75 year old eyes didn't notice the
grayed out connection icon in the lower left of the screen. Wenn I moved
the data from the hard connected system to the wireless system. there
was no wireless data to transfer.

I was also fooled by the fact that the wireless system had full WWW
capabilities.

Many thanks for the guidence.

Old 09-12-2011, 01:51 PM
John Salmon

It appears that my reply never got posted. The Evolution installation I
was copying from was hard connected to the network and had no info on
the wireless connection. Thus, there was no wireless information
transferred.

John Salmon
salmonjj@comcast.net

Old 09-12-2011, 02:18 PM
Camaleón

On Mon, 12 Sep 2011 08:51:58 -0500, John Salmon wrote:

> It appears that my reply never got posted.

You mean this post?

Yes, it reached the list and I already read it but I understood that you
finally solved your problem :-?

> The Evolution installation I was copying from was hard connected to the
> network and had no info on the wireless connection. Thus, there was no
> wireless information transferred.

So you finally managed to get a connection within Evolution, right? :-)

Greetings,

--
Camaleón

Old 09-13-2011, 01:44 PM
John Salmon

On Mon, 2011-09-12 at 14:18 +0000, Camaleón wrote:

> debian-user@lists.debian.org

The message you responded to lost most of it's content for some reason.
I havn't gotten all of the parameters together to set up a wireless
account yet but at least I know what I'll need, thanks to your info.

I don't get as much time to work on this stuff as I would like. Both my
wife and myself are having health problems (she's 72 years old and I'm
75).

Your help is greatly appreciated and has pointed me in the right
direction. Again, many thanks for the help.

Old 09-13-2011, 02:09 PM
Camaleón

On Tue, 13 Sep 2011 08:44:39 -0500, John Salmon wrote:

> The message you responded to lost most of it's content for some reason.
> I havn't gotten all of the parameters together to set up a wireless
> account yet but at least I know what I'll need, thanks to your info.

Remember that you only need to put Evolution in "online" mode, that way
"send and receive" button won't be grayed out.

> I don't get as much time to work on this stuff as I would like. Both my
> wife and myself are having health problems (she's 72 years old and I'm
> 75).

I'm glad to see here people at your age and collaborating and posting
into, not just a mailing list but a "Debian" mailing list, that's
great :-)

> Your help is greatly appreciated and has pointed me in the right
> direction. Again, many thanks for the help.

Just keep in mind that when Evolution is set to "offline" mode, send and
receive button is disabled, regardless you have a wireless connection, a
wired connection or no connection at all. It's just a configuration
setting that have to check.

Greetings,

--
Camaleón