Old 09-06-2011, 11:08 AM
Torquil Macdonald Sørensen

Default Evince page navigation problem

Hi!

When reading a document using Evince, I use the Space key to go forward (the
direction of reading). I'm not using "continuous view".

In so doing, it jumps to the top after switching pages. This is correct of course.

However, when I want to go backwards, I naturally want it to start at the bottom
after switching pages. This is how it works in djview with the Space and
Backspace keys.

Anyone know if this is possible in Evince, without using "continuous view"?

I'm using Debian Sid, evince-gtk 2.32.0-1, and djview4 4.8-1

Best regards
Torquil Sørensen

Archive: 4E65FF11.6070903@gmail.com">http://lists.debian.org/4E65FF11.6070903@gmail.com

Old 09-06-2011, 01:51 PM
Camaleón

On Tue, 06 Sep 2011 13:08:01 +0200, Torquil Macdonald Sørensen wrote:

(...)

> However, when I want to go backwards, I naturally want it to start at
> the bottom after switching pages. This is how it works in djview with
> the Space and Backspace keys.

While I agree this -ideally- could be a setting configurable by the user,
is not that "naturally" the way you want it behaves. There can be people
that wants to be at top when going backwards :-)

> Anyone know if this is possible in Evince, without using "continuous
> view"?

Mmm, I can't change it, neither know for a tip on how to do it nor if
even it can be done ;-(

Greetings,

--
Camaleón