Old 09-02-2011, 05:38 PM
Joel Roth

Default Liferea doesn't update feeds, complains of Gconf/DBus errors

Hi,

Using unstable here. No recent configuration changes
AFAIK. Upgrading Liferea didn't help.
Any suggestions for this?

Here is the full error text.

GConf Error: Failed to contact configuration server; the
most common cause is a missing or misconfigured D-Bus
session bus daemon. See http://projects.gnome.org/gconf/ for
information. (Details - 1: Server ping error:
IDLmg.org/CORBA/COMM_FAILURE:1.0)

Joel Roth

Old 09-03-2011, 09:52 AM
Camaleón

On Fri, 02 Sep 2011 07:38:12 -1000, Joel Roth wrote:

> Using unstable here. No recent configuration changes AFAIK. Upgrading
> Liferea didn't help. Any suggestions for this?
>
> Here is the full error text.
>
> GConf Error: Failed to contact configuration server; the most
> common cause is a missing or misconfigured D-Bus session bus
> daemon. See http://projects.gnome.org/gconf/ for information.
> (Details - 1: Server ping error: IDLmg.org/CORBA/
> COMM_FAILURE:1.0)

Have you tried to completely kill liferea and start it again? Also, you
could try with a fresh new user :-?

Greetings,

--
Camaleón

Old 09-07-2011, 04:08 AM
Joel Roth

On Sat, Sep 03, 2011 at 09:52:43AM +0000, Camale??n wrote:
> On Fri, 02 Sep 2011 07:38:12 -1000, Joel Roth wrote:
>
> > Using unstable here. No recent configuration changes AFAIK. Upgrading
> > Liferea didn't help. Any suggestions for this?
> >
> > Here is the full error text.
> >
> > GConf Error: Failed to contact configuration server; the most
> > common cause is a missing or misconfigured D-Bus session bus
> > daemon. See http://projects.gnome.org/gconf/ for information.
> > (Details - 1: Server ping error: IDLmg.org/CORBA/
> > COMM_FAILURE:1.0)
>
> Have you tried to completely kill liferea and start it again? Also, you
> could try with a fresh new user :-?
>
> Greetings,

Thanks. I tried mv'ing away various files in ~/.liferea,
to see if they would be regenerated.

But what seemed to work was rebooting :-/

Perhaps my laptop's many sleep/wake cycles corrupted some
D-Bus related processes.

Cheers,

> --
> Camaleón