Old 09-02-2011, 12:31 PM
Rob Owens

Default rtorrent - verifying encryption

I have encryption enabled, but not required, for rtorrent. How can I
tell if a particular connection is using encryption or not? Does
anybody have a good guide to help understand the rtorrent interface?

-Rob

Old 09-02-2011, 12:51 PM
Rob Owens

On Fri, Sep 02, 2011 at 08:31:53AM -0400, Rob Owens wrote:
> I have encryption enabled, but not required, for rtorrent. How can I
> tell if a particular connection is using encryption or not? Does
> anybody have a good guide to help understand the rtorrent interface?

Argh, I found the answer myself. It's on this page:
http://libtorrent.rakshasa.no/wiki/RTorrentUserGuide

(search for C/RE/LO -- that's the header on one of the columns in the
peer list screen).

In short, if there is an upper-case R or L under the C, it's an
encrypted connection.

-Rob