Old 09-01-2011, 08:04 PM
feralert

Default scsiadd replacement (in squeeze)??

Hi all,

Im used to scsiadd to remove/add scsi disks (actually sata drives)
from/to my system.

But I have a box with squeeze and it looks like the scsiadd package is
not there any longer since it wasnt updated to work with new kernels
and so removed in this version.

Does anyone know of a replacement for this commands:

> scsiadd -a <device> --> this is to add a device
> scsiadd -r <device> --> this is to remove a device

I have read about scsitools but tried it and coulnt find what I was looking for.

Any help appreciated.

Cheers,
Fred.

Old 09-02-2011, 11:38 AM
Camaleón

On Thu, 01 Sep 2011 22:04:55 +0200, feralert wrote:

> Im used to scsiadd to remove/add scsi disks (actually sata drives)
> from/to my system.

(...)

Hum... you may find useful this bug report:

scsiadd - Uses legacy /proc/scsi interface

Greetings,

--
Camaleón