Old 09-01-2011, 10:45 PM
"Robert Blair Mason Jr."

Default How to set mailto application

Hi list,

How can I configure chromium to open claws-mail as the mailto link
handler? Right now it just opens a new chromium window to the new tab
page.

Thanks,

--
rbmj

Old 09-02-2011, 04:09 AM
Frank McCormick

On 11-09-01 06:45 PM, Robert Blair Mason Jr. wrote:

Hi list,

How can I configure chromium to open claws-mail as the mailto link
handler? Right now it just opens a new chromium window to the new tab
page.

Thanks,

--
rbmj

With google-chrome, and chrome-browser I have found the only way is
to install the appropriate extension.

Start here : https://chrome.google.com/webstore?hl=en-US

--
Cheers
Frank

Archive: 4E6056EE.6030902@videotron.ca">http://lists.debian.org/4E6056EE.6030902@videotron.ca

Old 09-02-2011, 03:36 PM
"Robert Blair Mason Jr."

On Thu, 01 Sep 2011 18:45:49 -0400
"Robert Blair Mason Jr." <rbmj@verizon.net> wrote:

> How can I configure chromium to open claws-mail as the mailto link
> handler? Right now it just opens a new chromium window to the new tab
> page.

Nevermind, I figured it out. Apparently /usr/bin/xdg-email on my
system was some executable (not a link) that executed
chromium-browser. Removing xdg-email and running update-alternatives
got me a working default mailto handler.

It took me a while to find the information - there didn't seem to be a
lot on setting up system defaults beyond places saying 'use
update-alternatives' - I wasn't able to find a list that said 'if you
want to change the default x program, you need to look at alternative
y'. Is there such a list, for future reference?

--
rbmj

Old 09-03-2011, 09:22 AM
Scott Ferguson

It took me a while to find the information - there didn't seem to be a
lot on setting up system defaults beyond places saying 'use
update-alternatives' - I wasn't able to find a list that said 'if you
want to change the default x program, you need to look at alternative
y'. Is there such a list, for future reference?

Bump

I'd also like a list for future reference.

--
rbmj

There's a README in /etc/alternatives that points to
update-alternatives, which is how I found it. I got "a" list of names by
looking at the entries in /etc/alternatives

ls /etc/alternatives | grep -v .gz
gives a crude list for use with:-
# update-alternatives --list <name>

Cheers

--
"I'm so tired....
I need my sleep, I really do, I need about 8 hours a day - and about 10

And then I'm good."
— Bill Hicks