Old 08-31-2011, 02:07 PM

Default Serial port with Lenny

Hi,

How I can know if the serial port is active, gphoto2 doent find my camera (OLYMPUS C-2000Z), this camera is supported by ghphoto2.

Thanks you.

Regards.

Alex PADOLY

*

*

Old 08-31-2011, 02:25 PM
Ivan Shmakov

> How I can know if the serial port is active, gphoto2 doent find my
> camera (OLYMPUS C-2000Z), this camera is supported by ghphoto2.

Use statserial(8) to monitor the serial port state in real time.
Try connecting and disconnecting the device to (from) the port.
Watch if anything changes.

If it doesn't, it may be either that the cable or the port (or
both) are inoperational, or it was a wrong port. (It was quite
typical for a machine to have two serial ports not so long ago.)

--
FSF associate member #7257 Coming soon: Software Freedom Day

Old 08-31-2011, 02:34 PM
Camaleón

On Wed, 31 Aug 2011 16:07:56 +0200, alex.padoly wrote:

> How I can know if the serial port is active, gphoto2 doent find my
> camera (OLYMPUS C-2000Z), this camera is supported by ghphoto2.

Hum... check if it is listed:

dmesg | grep -i tty

And then review gphoto's FAQ:

http://www.gphoto.org/doc/manual/FAQ.html#FAQ-camera-support

Remember that some cameras need to be configured as PTP devices in order
to work.

If anything fails, you may still able to remove the card and use an
external card reader :-?

Greetings,

--
Camaleón