Old 08-31-2011, 12:43 PM
Luis Suzuki

Default Problems updating security update packages.

For several weeks below is *the warning I receive when I do apt-get update.
Get:1 http://security.debian.org squeeze/updates Release.gpg [836 B]Ign http://security.debian.org/ squeeze/updates/main Translation-enIgn http://security.debian.org/ squeeze/updates/main Translation-en_USHit http://security.debian.org squeeze/updates ReleaseIgn http://security.debian.org squeeze/updates ReleaseIgn http://security.debian.org squeeze/updates/main i386 Packages/DiffIndexHit http://security.debian.org squeeze/updates/main i386 PackagesFetched 836 B in 0s (1,201 B/s)Reading package lists... DoneW: GPG error: http://security.debian.org squeeze/updates Release: The following signatures were invalid:*BADSIG AED4B06F473041FA Debian Archive Automatic Signing Key (6.0/squeeze) <ftpmaster@debian.org>
What is the problem with the debian repositories?

Old 08-31-2011, 01:06 PM
Scott Ferguson

For several weeks below is the warning I receive when I do apt-get update.

Get:1 http://security.debian.org squeeze/updates Release.gpg [836 B]
Ign http://security.debian.org/ squeeze/updates/main Translation-en
Ign http://security.debian.org/ squeeze/updates/main Translation-en_US
Hit http://security.debian.org squeeze/updates Release
Ign http://security.debian.org squeeze/updates Release
Ign http://security.debian.org squeeze/updates/main i386 Packages/DiffIndex
Hit http://security.debian.org squeeze/updates/main i386 Packages
Fetched 836 B in 0s (1,201 B/s)
Reading package lists... Done
W: GPG error: http://security.debian.org squeeze/updates Release: The
following signatures were invalid:
BADSIG AED4B06F473041FA Debian Archive Automatic Signing Key
(6.0/squeeze) <ftpmaster@debian.org>

What is the problem with the debian repositories?

NOTE: there's a shorter way to do this using gpg(?) - I just can't
remember it (bad, bad strigi)

Try:-
# apt-key adv --keyserver keyserver.debian.org --recv-keys

should give you:-
Executing: gpg --ignore-time-conflict --no-options --no-default-keyring
--secret-keyring /etc/apt/secring.gpg --trustdb-name
/etc/apt/trustdb.gpg --keyring /etc/apt/trusted.gpg --primary-keyring
/etc/apt/trusted.gpg --keyserver keyserver.debian.org --recv-keys

then:-
# apt-key adv --keyserver keyserver.debian.org --recv-keys AED4B06F473041FA

As to what the problem is (I'm not certain) try:-
# apt-get update
# apt-get -s upgrade | less

If you have an upgrade sitting there waiting for you that's the
problems, so:-

# apt-get upgrade

Cheers

--
"The definition of black irony is Pro-lifers killing Doctors who do
abortions"

— Bill Hicks