Old 08-31-2011, 10:49 AM
Brian

Default Can you help me figure out why I can't get Grub to install from netinstall cd's?

On Tue 30 Aug 2011 at 18:54:18 -0700, keitho@strucktower.com wrote:

> "grub-installer: dpkg: warning: ignoring request to remove grub-legacy
> which isn't installed."

Not a problem.

> "in-target: E: Package 'grub-pc' has no installation candidate."
> "grub-installer: info: Calling 'apt-install grub-pc' failed"

This is. Returning to the 'Install the base system' step is an option.

Old 08-31-2011, 11:39 AM
Brian

On Tue 30 Aug 2011 at 18:54:18 -0700, keitho@strucktower.com wrote:

> For the last several days I have been attempting to install Wheezy from
> one of the daily builds. I have tried four different builds (different
> days)- and they all fail in the same two spots- they won't recognize my
> removable medium (usb thumbdrive) so that I can install firmware, and,
> more importantly, they fail to install Grub.
>
> I have no problem doing an install from a Debian Squeeze install disc I
> have (6.0.1a).

Unless there is an overwhelming need to get to testing from a testing
installer you can do a Squeeze install of the base system, change
/etc/apt/sources.list to point to Wheezy and 'apt-get dist-upgrade'.