Old 08-31-2011, 10:42 AM
Johann Spies

Default Eclipse-pydev: how?

I am new to eclipse and have installed eclipse and eclipse-pydev. How
do I get eclipse to use this plugin without referring it to the
pydev-site?

I did not see any documentation with eclipse-pydev on how to get eclipse
to use this package?

Efforts to convince eclipse to use the stuff in /usr/lib/eclipse/plugins
were not successful.

Regards
Johann
--
Johann Spies Telefoon: 021-808 4699
Databestuurder / Data manager

Sentrum vir Navorsing oor Evaluasie, Wetenskap en Tegnologie
Centre for Research on Evaluation, Science and Technology
Universiteit Stellenbosch.

" ...Take heed, and beware of covetousness: for a man's
life consisteth not in the abundance of the things
which he possesseth." Luke 12:15

Old 08-31-2011, 02:40 PM
Camaleón

On Wed, 31 Aug 2011 12:42:18 +0200, Johann Spies wrote:

> I am new to eclipse and have installed eclipse and eclipse-pydev. How
> do I get eclipse to use this plugin without referring it to the
> pydev-site?
>
> I did not see any documentation with eclipse-pydev on how to get eclipse
> to use this package?
>
> Efforts to convince eclipse to use the stuff in /usr/lib/eclipse/plugins
> were not successful.

Hum... not sure if you referring to this:

http://pydev.org/manual_101_install.html#installing-with-the-zip-file

Greetings,

--
Camaleón

Old 09-01-2011, 08:21 AM
Johann Spies

Hallo Camaleón,

> Hum... not sure if you referring to this:
>
> http://pydev.org/manual_101_install.html#installing-with-the-zip-file

No, but in the end I ditched the Debian eclipse-related packages and
followed the method you referred to.

My point was that there should be some Debian specific documentation if
the installation of the Debian eclipse-pydev package is not enough to
get eclipse to work with this plugin. I could not figure it out how to
work with the Debian stuff in this regard.

Regards
Johann

--
Johann Spies Telefoon: 021-808 4699
Databestuurder / Data manager

Sentrum vir Navorsing oor Evaluasie, Wetenskap en Tegnologie
Centre for Research on Evaluation, Science and Technology
Universiteit Stellenbosch.

"For in much wisdom is much grief: and he that
increaseth knowledge increaseth sorrow."
Ecclesiastes 1:18

Old 09-01-2011, 08:21 AM
Johann Spies

Hallo Camaleón,

Old 09-01-2011, 11:14 AM
Camaleón

On Thu, 01 Sep 2011 10:21:24 +0200, Johann Spies wrote:

> Hallo Camaleón,
>
>> Hum... not sure if you referring to this:
>>
>> http://pydev.org/manual_101_install.html#installing-with-the-zip-file
>
> No, but in the end I ditched the Debian eclipse-related packages and
> followed the method you referred to.
>
> My point was that there should be some Debian specific documentation if
> the installation of the Debian eclipse-pydev package is not enough to
> get eclipse to work with this plugin. I could not figure it out how to
> work with the Debian stuff in this regard.

Ah, sorry, I misread it somehow.

Okay, it seems the package (eclipse-pydev) is only available now for sid
so maybe is still uncomplete and lacks for documentation.

If you're concerned about this, you can write a bug report suggesting the
addition of the upstream docs as well as another relevant information on
how to setup the package :-?

Anyway, the package should just work out-of-the-box unless it is stated
otherwise, so you can also write down a second bug report telling devels/
packagers what is not working for you.

Greetings,

--
Camaleón