Old 08-30-2011, 09:41 PM
Bruno Martins

Default Audio problem on G62-B70SP

Hello everyone,

I am running Debian Squeeze on the following notebook:
http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c02511383&tmp_task=prodinfoCatego ry&cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en&product=4315442

I can hear no sound from the speakers, but it plays well if I plug in
any headphones on it. Still, no sound on the speakers.

Some command-line information about the system and the sound card can be
found here:

http://pastebin.com/62m5ESgF

Have anyone experienced this before?

Thanks for your time.

Best regards,

Bruno Martins

Archive: 4E5D58F3.8030304@gmail.com">http://lists.debian.org/4E5D58F3.8030304@gmail.com

Old 08-31-2011, 12:02 PM
Camaleón

On Tue, 30 Aug 2011 22:41:07 +0100, Bruno Martins wrote:

> I am running Debian Squeeze on the following notebook:
> http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c02511383&tmp_task=prodinfoCatego ry&cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en&product=4315442
>
> I can hear no sound from the speakers, but it plays well if I plug in
> any headphones on it. Still, no sound on the speakers.
>
> Some command-line information about the system and the sound card can be
> found here:
> http://pastebin.com/62m5ESgF
>
> Have anyone experienced this before?

Hum... there is a bug opened for that exact device:

Greetings,

--
Camaleón

Old 08-31-2011, 02:03 PM
Bruno Martins

On Wed, Aug 31, 2011 at 1:02 PM, Camaleón <noelamac@gmail.com> wrote:

On Tue, 30 Aug 2011 22:41:07 +0100, Bruno Martins wrote:

> I am running Debian Squeeze on the following notebook:

> http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c02511383&tmp_task=prodinfoCatego ry&cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en&product=4315442

> I can hear no sound from the speakers, but it plays well if I plug in

> any headphones on it. Still, no sound on the speakers.

> Some command-line information about the system and the sound card can be

> found here:

> http://pastebin.com/62m5ESgF

> Have anyone experienced this before?

Hum... there is a bug opened for that exact device:

Greetings,

--

Camaleón

Archive: http://lists.debian.org/pan.2011.08.31.12.02.27@gmail.com

Hello there.

Well, I have solved the problem by installing Realtek's official driver. It can be found here:
http://www.realtek.com/downloads/downloadsView.aspx?Langid=1&PNid=24&PFid=24&Level= 4&Conn=3&DownTypeID=3&GetDown=false

Also, I had read that upgrading ALSA packages' versions would solve the problem, but this wasn't tried.

Sincerely,

Bruno Martins

Old 08-31-2011, 02:20 PM
Camaleón

On Wed, 31 Aug 2011 15:03:49 +0100, Bruno Martins wrote:

> On Wed, Aug 31, 2011 at 1:02 PM, Camaleón <noelamac@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> On Tue, 30 Aug 2011 22:41:07 +0100, Bruno Martins wrote:

(...)

>> > Have anyone experienced this before?
>>
>> Hum... there is a bug opened for that exact device:

> Hello there.
>
> Well, I have solved the problem by installing Realtek's official driver.
> It can be found here:
> http://www.realtek.com/downloads/downloadsView.aspx?Langid=1&PNid=24&PFid=24&Level= 4&Conn=3&DownTypeID=3&GetDown=false
>
> Also, I had read that upgrading ALSA packages' versions would solve the
> problem, but this wasn't tried.

Yep, it seems its a relative new sound card chipset that needs updated
drivers in order to work (by means of a new alsa version or as you did, by
directly fetching the drivers from Realtek).

You can add your findings to the bug report so people having this problem
can be aware of this.

Greetings,

--
Camaleón