Old 08-30-2011, 05:52 PM

Default Where to get a _working_ Wheezy netinstall?

I have been trying for three days to download Wheezy from
http://www.debian.org/devel/debian-installer/ (daily builds) and each one
I have tried fails to install Grub.

I have tried:

http://cdimage.debian.org/cdimage/daily-builds/daily.old/20110829-1/amd64/iso-cd/debian-testing-amd64-netinst.iso
http://cdimage.debian.org/cdimage/daily-builds/daily.new/20110826-7/amd64/iso-cd/debian-testing-amd64-netinst.iso
http://cdimage.debian.org/cdimage/daily-builds/daily/arch-latest/amd64/iso-cd/debian-testing-amd64-netinst.iso

All three have the same two problems- won't recognize my usb stick for
firmware install and won't install Grub.

I sent a message to the debian-cd@lists.debian.org list, but it didn't get
posted. Then I looked further and saw that that list as well as the
debian-boot list haven't been updated since Aug 1st.

Anyone know what's going on? Maybe everyone is gone for the summer? Anyone
know where I can get a recent working Wheezy (or even Sid) install image
for amd64?

Thanks,
Keith Ostertag

Old 08-30-2011, 06:49 PM

I apologize for the previous post. It would be better to assume that if
three different daily builds don't work it is probably due to something I
am doing wrong. I should not have suggested otherwise.

Keith Ostertag

Old 08-30-2011, 07:05 PM
Per Carlson

> Anyone
> know where I can get a recent working Wheezy (or even Sid) install image
> for amd64?

I've had great success with the weekly-builds at cdimage
(http://cdimage.debian.org/cdimage/weekly-builds/amd64/iso-cd/). I
used the image from last week (Aug 22).

At least CD-1 is a hybrid ISO, i.e. "cat > X.iso > /dev/sdY" works fine.

--
Pelle

RFC1925, truth 11:
*Every old idea will be proposed again with a different name and
*a different presentation, regardless of whether it works.