Old 08-30-2011, 09:03 AM
Scott Ferguson

Default error from Klamav

I am getting an error after the nightly scan by KlamAV as follows:

From: root@tony-lx.xxx (Cron Daemon)
To: tony@tony-lx.xxx
Subject: Cron <tony@tony-lx>
/home/tony/.klamav/ScanWithKlamav_170811104108.sh '/home/tony/'
[...]

Which Debian release are you running??

That script "used" to be for KDE context menu a long time ago.

cat: /home//.DCOPserver_tony-lx_:0: No such file or directory
call failed
QLayout "unnamed" added to Klamav "KlamAV ", which already has a layout

Does anyone have any clues to what this means, and more importantly, how
to fix it?

Thanks in advance,

Has the process previously worked successfully??

Cheers

--
"Folks, it's time to evolve. That's why we're troubled. You know why our
institutions are failing us, the church, the state, everything's

— Bill Hicks

Archive: 4E5CA746.2010004@gmail.com">http://lists.debian.org/4E5CA746.2010004@gmail.com

Old 08-30-2011, 09:18 AM
Tony van der Hoff

I am getting an error after the nightly scan by KlamAV as follows:

/home/tony/.klamav/ScanWithKlamav_170811104108.sh '/home/tony/'
[...]

Which Debian release are you running??

Squeeze

That script "used" to be for KDE context menu a long time ago.

cat: /home//.DCOPserver_tony-lx_:0: No such file or directory
call failed
QLayout "unnamed" added to Klamav "KlamAV ", which already has a layout

Does anyone have any clues to what this means, and more importantly, how
to fix it?

Thanks in advance,

Has the process previously worked successfully??

No. I recently installed it with synaptic, configured it to scan my
home, and left it at that.
It seems to be looking for .DCOPserver_tony-lx_:0 in /home, whereas that
file actually exists in /home/tony.

--
Tony van der Hoff | mailto:tony@vanderhoff.org
Buckinghamshire, England |

Archive: 4E5CAAD6.2060603@vanderhoff.org">http://lists.debian.org/4E5CAAD6.2060603@vanderhoff.org

Old 08-30-2011, 09:52 AM
Scott Ferguson

I am getting an error after the nightly scan by KlamAV as follows:

/home/tony/.klamav/ScanWithKlamav_170811104108.sh '/home/tony/'
[...]

Which Debian release are you running??

Squeeze

That script "used" to be for KDE context menu a long time ago.

It's not on my systems (also Squeeze)... what are the contents (of the
script)??

cat: /home//.DCOPserver_tony-lx_:0: No such file or directory
call failed
QLayout "unnamed" added to Klamav "KlamAV ", which already has a layout

Does anyone have any clues to what this means, and more importantly, how
to fix it?

Thanks in advance,

Has the process previously worked successfully??

No. I recently installed it with synaptic, configured it to scan my
home, and left it at that.
It seems to be looking for .DCOPserver_tony-lx_:0 in /home, whereas that
file actually exists in /home/tony.

I noted that the path to that was wrong - hence my focus on the script
that appears to start the scan.
From memory the default install of klamav requires changing of
/var/lib/clamav or updates won't work - though I don't see how it would
be related.

An earlier google showed a similar bug report from 2008 for Suse.

I haven't tried scanning my entire home - I'm just going to try it now
on an unused desktop. If that is successful I'll try calling the scan
from cron - how did you call the klamav scan from cron??

Cheers

--

Archive: 4E5CB2CA.5070107@gmail.com">http://lists.debian.org/4E5CB2CA.5070107@gmail.com

Old 08-30-2011, 10:14 AM
Scott Ferguson

[...]

I had no problem manually scanning a home directoy using Klamav - when I
used Klamav to setup a scheduled scan it created:-

~/.klamav/ScanWithKlamav_timestring.sh

After looking (quickly) at that script I suspect (strongly) that the
${USER} is probably not being populated. You could try replacing it with
the hardcoded value eg:-

line 6 would become:-
DCOPSERVER=`cat /home/tony/.DCOPserver_${HOSTNAME}_ | grep local`

In fact I suggest replace the HOSTNAME variable as well as your error
string doesn't contain either the $USER or the $HOSTNAME (the script
populates $HOSTNAME with 'hostname' which doesn't seem helpful.

If that solves the problem please file a bug report.

Cheers