Old 08-28-2011, 11:40 AM
Torquil Macdonald Sørensen

Default Text file encryption using GPG

Hi all!

I have used Gringotts, which lets me view and edit encrypted general text files
quite securely without writing unencrypted data to disk.

However, I would like to use my GPG key instead of using Gringotts+passphrase.

Anybody know of a program that lets me view and edit encrypted text files using
my GPG key?

Best regards
Torquil Sørensen

Archive: 4E5A2916.8020709@gmail.com">http://lists.debian.org/4E5A2916.8020709@gmail.com

Old 08-28-2011, 02:32 PM
Celejar

On Sun, 28 Aug 2011 13:40:06 +0200
Torquil Macdonald Sørensen <torquil@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi all!
>
> I have used Gringotts, which lets me view and edit encrypted general text files
> quite securely without writing unencrypted data to disk.
>
> However, I would like to use my GPG key instead of using Gringotts+passphrase.
>
> Anybody know of a program that lets me view and edit encrypted text files using
> my GPG key?

I believe that it can be done with vi(m), although I've never tried it:

https://www.antagonism.org/privacy/gpg-vi.shtml
http://vim.wikia.com/wiki/Edit_gpg_encrypted_files
http://vim.wikia.com/wiki/Edit_gnupg-encrypted_files

Celejar