Old 08-27-2011, 02:55 PM
James Bowery

Default Adding a Radeon 6950 for OpenGL and OpenCL or CUDA

Currently I'm running the latest aptosid with an Intel MB graphics chipset (which can be left live even with a PCI-E graphics board installed although that's not a requirement for me).

A quick search shows that there are no definitive "howto" guides for Debian support of my target configuration which would be a Radeon 6950 supporting OpenGL and OpenCL or CUDA.

In addition to asking for any guides, pointers and/or caveats, I have couple of questions:

1) What's the simplest way I can save the state of my graphics configuration as it stands so that I don't have to wipe the disk and reinstall everything when I end up with a screwed configuration?

2) Is there some mailing list that is better for this kind of graphics card driver question?