Old 08-26-2011, 05:35 PM
SZERVÁC Attila

Default problem with AC'97

Hello,

I've selected LXDE in a Hungarian Squeeze install. All relevant
controls are up in alsamixer, but there is no sound. Pls, hlp, thx!
Idea?

--

# alsactl init; cat /dev/sndstat
Unknown hardware: "ICH" "Realtek ALC655 rev 0" "AC97a:414c4760"

Installed drivers:
Type 10: ALSA emulation

Card config:
SiS SI7012 with ALC655 at irq 18

Audio devices: NOT ENABLED IN CONFIG

Synth devices: NOT ENABLED IN CONFIG

Midi devices: NOT ENABLED IN CONFIG

Timers:
31: system timer

Mixers: NOT ENABLED IN CONFIG

Old 08-30-2011, 02:06 PM
Camaleón

On Fri, 26 Aug 2011 19:35:25 +0200, SZERVÁC Attila wrote:

> I've selected LXDE in a Hungarian Squeeze install. All relevant controls
> are up in alsamixer, but there is no sound. Pls, hlp, thx! Idea?

(...)

> Card config:
> SiS SI7012 with ALC655 at irq 18

Have you tried by adding at the bottom of "/etc/modprobe.d/alsa-
base.conf" this line?

options snd-intel8x0 *

Then restart the system or reload alsa.

If you google around you'll find additional parameters you can try for
your card.

Greetings,

--
Camaleón

Old 09-11-2011, 03:09 PM
SZERVÁC Attila

default Hungarian install now

00:02.7 Multimedia audio controller: Silicon Integrated Systems [SiS]
C-Media AC'97 Sound Controller (rev a0)

no sound. I think: wrong module is loaded (progress bar is too fast in
media players), but didn't find any solution