Old 08-26-2011, 08:46 AM
sppmg

Default unfriendly function from aptitude(hold and upgrade)

Hi all.
I found a unfriendly function from aptitude(0.6.3-4).

state:
I hold a package,and this package in the upgradable too.

now I upgrade by command ,I don't upgrade this package.
But,If I upgrade by ncurses (move point to upgradable and press "+" ) ,I
will upgrade this package.

Should I send this ideal to maintainer ?

Archive: 4E575D82.6090009@gmail.com">http://lists.debian.org/4E575D82.6090009@gmail.com

Old 08-30-2011, 12:04 PM
Camaleón

On Fri, 26 Aug 2011 16:46:58 +0800, sppmg wrote:

> I found a unfriendly function from aptitude(0.6.3-4).
>
> state:
> I hold a package,and this package in the upgradable too.
>
> now I upgrade by command ,I don't upgrade this package. But,If I upgrade
> by ncurses (move point to upgradable and press "+" ) ,I will upgrade
> this package.
>

> Should I send this ideal to maintainer ?

Sure, I don't fully get the whole picture of your claiming but you can
open a bug report for that. I would tag it as "wishlist" :-)

Greetings,

--
Camaleón

Old 09-11-2011, 11:08 AM
spp mg

2011/8/30 Camaleón <noelamac@gmail.com>:
> On Fri, 26 Aug 2011 16:46:58 +0800, sppmg wrote:
>
>> I found a unfriendly function from aptitude(0.6.3-4).
>>
>> state:
>> I hold a package,and this package in the upgradable too.
>>
>> now I upgrade by command ,I don't upgrade this package. But,If I upgrade
>> by ncurses (move point to upgradable and press "+" ) ,I will upgrade
>> this package.
>>

>> Should I send this ideal to maintainer ?
>
> Sure, I don't fully get the whole picture of your claiming but you can
> open a bug report for that. I would tag it as "wishlist" :-)
>
> Greetings,
>
> --
> Camaleón

Hi,Camaleón.
I discover it's my problem in later days.I should press "U" to mark
upgradable not "+".
But ,I think it's still unfriendly to new user

I try to use my bad English to describe .
------
At first, I think ncurses mode has a bug,because held package still upgrade
(move point to upgradable and press "+" )

Now,I know the normal way of upgrade is to press "U" to mark upgradable.

And I have an ideal that maybe more easy and safety.
The package being held need unhold when upgrade or remove.