Old 08-24-2011, 09:24 AM
Joao Ferreira Gmail

Default native support in netcat for multitasking TCP server ?

Hello all,

Does anyone know if there is any kind of support in netcat to implement
multiclient with a multitasking/multithreading server...(several clients
being accepted and served concurrently)

or any other similar programs that directly support such approach
without extra code ?

something like

#> netcat -l -p 9090 --listen-forever

thx
Joao

Old 08-24-2011, 10:04 AM
Scott Ferguson

On 24/08/11 19:24, Joao Ferreira Gmail wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> Does anyone know if there is any kind of support in netcat to implement
> multiclient with a multitasking/multithreading server...(several clients
> being accepted and served concurrently)
>
> or any other similar programs that directly support such approach
> without extra code ?
>
> something like
>
> #> netcat -l -p 9090 --listen-forever
>
> thx
> Joao

Not without extra code (a few lines of shell script).

How about ucspi-tcp?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ucspi-tcp

Cheers

--
"People ask me what I think about that woman priest thing. What, a woman
priest? Women priests. Great, great. Now there's priests of both sexes I

Old 08-24-2011, 02:14 PM
Brian

On Wed 24 Aug 2011 at 10:24:55 +0100, Joao Ferreira Gmail wrote:

> Does anyone know if there is any kind of support in netcat to implement
> multiclient with a multitasking/multithreading server...(several clients
> being accepted and served concurrently)
>
> or any other similar programs that directly support such approach
> without extra code ?

Something to play with:

http://junker.org/~tkh16/ncat-for-netcat-users.php