Old 08-23-2011, 07:18 PM
RiverWind

Default Followup With ssh problem

Hey There,

I would first of all like to thank everyone who responded
altruistically to my originally posts. I would say that I now have
half a problem compared to the whole specimen that I had before.

I do indeed have an "ssh" server installed on my linux box, and it
seems to be working just fine. I am able to ssh over to my
"shellworld" account without any problem. However, I am not able to
ssh over from shellworld to my linux box. When ever I attempt to do
so, I receive the following error message after several minutes of
complete inactivity.

QUOTE ON:******************
[~] $ ssh riverwind.dontexist.org
ssh: connect to host riverwind.dontexist.org port 22: Operation
timed out
[~] $

For what ever reason, the system just seems to hang up and then
time out. When once I get this problem taken care of, I will then
be able to tackle my email problem.

As always, any help would be highly appreciated.

cheerio,
Riv

Feel free to visit my website and my blog and learn more about me
and what I stand for.
My Website @ http://riverwind.shellworld.net
My Blog http://windraven13.livejournal.com/

Archive: Pine.BSF.4.64.1108231518140.10687@server1.shellwor ld.net">http://lists.debian.org/Pine.BSF.4.64.1108231518140.10687@server1.shellwor ld.net

Old 08-23-2011, 07:35 PM
Eduardo M KALINOWSKI

On 08/23/2011 04:18 PM, RiverWind wrote:
> I do indeed have an "ssh" server installed on my linux box, and it
> seems to be working just fine.

We need details, see below.

> I am able to ssh over to my
> "shellworld" account without any problem. However, I am not able to
> ssh over from shellworld to my linux box.

These are completely different operations.

> [snip]
>
> As always, any help would be highly appreciated.

It would be easier to help if you followed the troubleshooting steps Bob
Proulx said in reply to the other thread so that we can have an idea of
where the problem happens.

--
Time and tide wait for no man.

Eduardo M KALINOWSKI