Old 08-21-2011, 09:40 AM
Touko Korpela

Default Please provide squeeze backports for alsa

Bug log for Alsa looks quite long so maybe some extra maintainers are
needed?
Anyway, I would like to request backporting Alsa for squeeze, hoping that it
would make sound work better for my laptop (Asus EeePC 1215b). I
already use kernel from unstable.

Old 08-21-2011, 10:04 AM
Elimar Riesebieter

* Touko Korpela [110821 12:40 +0300]:

> Bug log for Alsa looks quite long so maybe some extra maintainers are
> needed?
> Anyway, I would like to request backporting Alsa for squeeze, hoping that it
> would make sound work better for my laptop (Asus EeePC 1215b). I
> already use kernel from unstable.

So you are running the latest drivers with sid kernel. What else do
you want? Anyway upgrading to sid would be a challange ;-)

Elimar
--
Planung:
Ersatz des Zufalls durch den Irrtum.

Old 08-21-2011, 11:11 AM
Touko Korpela

(I forgot to cc mail lists)

On Sun, Aug 21, 2011 at 12:04:43PM +0200, Elimar Riesebieter wrote:
> * Touko Korpela [110821 12:40 +0300]:
>
> > Bug log for Alsa looks quite long so maybe some extra maintainers are
> > needed?
> > Anyway, I would like to request backporting Alsa for squeeze, hoping that it
> > would make sound work better for my laptop (Asus EeePC 1215b). I
> > already use kernel from unstable.
>
> So you are running the latest drivers with sid kernel. What else do
> you want? Anyway upgrading to sid would be a challange ;-)

Alsa libs are needed for userspace programs that depend from them.
They also provide mixer support.
Just upgrading kernel isn't enough.