Old 08-20-2011, 03:04 PM
abdelkader belahcene

Default Am I obliged to compile the kernel to compile a module?

Hi,
I write* a module.c* and want to add to the kernel.

I downloaded the corresponding source ( linux-3.0.tar.bz2), and put it in* in /usr/src/linux-3.0
in the makefile for my modle I tried

**** make -C** /usr/src/linux-3.0 M=$(PWD) modules

It failed , it looked for* something like /lib/modules/3.0/build

*How to create this directory (build) ?

Am I obliged to compile the kernel ?

thanks for help