Is there a safe way of upgrading to Xfce4.8 on stable?
On 19/08/11 12:54, Brian wrote:
On Fri 19 Aug 2011 at 09:42:29 +0100, AG wrote:
On stable, I am currently running Xfce4.6. I notice that in the sid
repos, Xfce4.8 is available. Is there a safe way of upgrading to 4.8 in
a manner that will not break my system, or is it really only a matter of
waiting for Xfce4.8 to make its way through the repos to stable?
About the safest way would be via backports to Squeeze - provided
Xfce4.8 is there.
Otherwise you have an eighteen month or so wait before stable has
anything other than Xfce4.6. Squeeze will always have Xfce4.6.
Unfortunately, it looks as if I will have to wait. Xfce4.8 is in
testing though, so I may work up the nerve to update to testing one of
these days, but will otherwise just wait.
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@lists.debian.org
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org