Old 08-18-2011, 09:36 PM
Jude DaShiell

Default debian and sms import

I have an IPhone with many sms messages on it. If possible I'd like to
export all of them to another device so that when I start doing things to
them on my IPhone I'll have some assurance against loosing messages and
can maybe if debian can do this pull the messages onto my hard drive and
if necessary read those messages with some command line-based program from
the hard drive. I am rather certain doing things with the iPhone I've
lost several messages accidentally in the past. Can any of debian's
packages help out here?

Old 08-19-2011, 01:44 AM
Scott Ferguson

On 19/08/11 07:36, Jude DaShiell wrote:
> I have an IPhone with many sms messages on it.

/private/var/mobile/Library/SMS/sms.db is where they live.

> If possible I'd like to
> export all of them to another device so that when I start doing things to
> them on my IPhone I'll have some assurance against loosing messages and
> can maybe if debian can do this pull the messages onto my hard drive and
> if necessary read those messages with some command line-based program from
> the hard drive. I am rather certain doing things with the iPhone I've
> lost several messages accidentally in the past. Can any of debian's
> packages help out here?

libimobiledevice-utils
libimobiledevice-doc
libimobiledevice1 (or libimobiledevice2 in Experimental)

Try idevicebackup - it's part of the utils package.

This page has a perl script that could be used:-
http://swik.net/Debian/Planet+Debian/Tollef+Fog+Heen:+Moving+SMS-es+and+contacts+from+iphone+to+N900/dkhtj

There is also this, which could use some more entries:-
http://wiki.debian.org/iPhone

Cheers

--
"I love the Pope, I love seeing him in his Pope-Mobile, his three feet
of bullet proof plexi-glass. That's faith in action folks! You know he's