Old 08-18-2011, 09:31 PM
"Selim T. Erdogan"

Default Wheezy: Mouse cursor in FF/Iceweasel

T Elcor, 17.08.2011:
> Hi,
>
> I remember there was a time when FF/Iceweasel would change a regular arrow-shaped mouse cursor to "arrow with hourglass" when Iceweasel was busy doing something like, for example, retrieving a page. Now the cursor just stays arrow while Iceweasel is retrieving the page, which may be confusing when it takes a while for the new page to show up.
>
> I'm using Oxygen Chrome cursor theme in KDE and it appears there's a "busy cursor" in that theme but for some reason Iceweasel doesn't appear to be using it.
>
> Any ideas? Thanks

Go to the configuration page by typing "about:config" in your address bar.
This'll get you a huge list of things you can configure. Filter by "cursor".
You should see "ui.use_activity_cursor". Make its value "true".

Old 08-19-2011, 09:05 AM
T Elcor

--- On Thu, 8/18/11, Selim T. Erdogan <selim@alumni.cs.utexas.edu> wrote:

> Go to the configuration page by typing "about:config" in
> your address bar.*
> This'll get you a huge list of things you can
> configure.* Filter by "cursor".
> You should see "ui.use_activity_cursor".* Make its
> value "true".

It worked, thanks.