Old 06-29-2011, 09:21 AM
Pol Hallen

Default rsnapshot and cron :-)

Hi folks

Using rsnapshot I've unsure about maintein my backup for almost 24 months:

in rsnapshot.conf I have:

interval hourly 6
interval daily 7
interval weekly 4
interval monthly 24

(I hope that "interval monthly 24" is same of maintein my backup for 2 years

cat /etc/cron.d/rsnapshot

0 */4 * * * root /usr/bin/rsnapshot hourly
30 3 * * * root /usr/bin/rsnapshot daily
0 3 * * 1 root /usr/bin/rsnapshot weekly
30 2 1 * * root /usr/bin/rsnapshot monthly

is it correct?

thanks for help!

Pol

Old 07-03-2011, 09:10 PM
Aniruddha

On Wed, Jun 29, 2011 at 11:21 AM, Pol Hallen <debenvaio@fuckaround.org> wrote:
> Hi folks
>
> Using rsnapshot I've unsure about maintein my backup for almost 24 months:
>
> in rsnapshot.conf I have:
>
> interval * * * *hourly *6
> interval * * * *daily * 7
> interval * * * *weekly *4
> interval * * * monthly 24
>
> (I hope that "interval monthly 24" is same of maintein my backup for 2 years

This setting means how many copies will be saved. If you make a
backup each month it will keep them for 2 years.