Old 06-29-2011, 05:23 AM
Adrian Levi

Default apt packages available

/etc/cron.weekly/man-db:
warning, in file '/var/lib/dpkg/available' near line 7270 package 'virtualbox':
error in Version string '1.6.6-35336_Debian_lenny': invalid character
in revision number

I have tried removing the available file in the hope that it would be
regenerated. Virtualbox was added via a sources line to Sun's
virtualbox repository. I no longer have that enabled and it isn't
installed.

How do I remove this error in my daily email?

Adrian

--
24x7x365 != 24x7x52 Stupid or bad maths?
apartment it is.

Old 06-29-2011, 01:14 PM
Brian

On Wed 29 Jun 2011 at 15:23:11 +1000, Adrian Levi wrote:

> /etc/cron.weekly/man-db:
> warning, in file '/var/lib/dpkg/available' near line 7270 package 'virtualbox':
> error in Version string '1.6.6-35336_Debian_lenny': invalid character
> in revision number
>
> I have tried removing the available file in the hope that it would be
> regenerated. Virtualbox was added via a sources line to Sun's
> virtualbox repository. I no longer have that enabled and it isn't
> installed.

'apt-get update' regenerates it. 'dpkg --clear-avail' would have cleared
it.

Old 06-30-2011, 08:12 AM
Adrian Levi

> On Wed 29 Jun 2011 at 15:23:11 +1000, Adrian Levi wrote:

> 'apt-get update' regenerates it. 'dpkg --clear-avail' would have cleared
> it.

I'm pretty sure I tried removing the file and did an update, That was
the first thing I thought of but for whatever reason it didn't work as
expected.
'dpkg --clear-avail' seems to have done the trick, thanks.

Adrian