Old 07-06-2011, 02:47 PM
Miles Bader

Default Can't smoothly type in gnome-terminal

Josselin Mouette <joss@debian.org> writes:
>> [Argh, even though I'm the original bug reporter for #631116, I didn't
>> get any of the email followups...]
>
> No, this is because of #434257. The debbugs developers don’t want to fix

Argh...

> As mentioned in the bug log, SCIM doesn’t provide a GTK3 module.

Hmm, shouldn't the failure mode be a bit more graceful though?

E.g., simply ignoring SCIM, but correctly allowing normal input?
[Right now, it randomly eats characters, even for simple ASCII
keyboard input when SCIM input isn't active.]

Thanks,

-Miles

--
One of the lessons of history is that nothing is often a good thing to
do, and always a clever thing to say. -- Will Durant

Old 07-06-2011, 02:47 PM
Miles Bader

Old 07-12-2011, 06:47 PM
Hendrik Boom

On Tue, 05 Jul 2011 09:05:26 +0800, Chris wrote:

> On Thu, Jun 30, 2011 at 03:38:41PM +0900, Miles Bader wrote:
>> Chris <bbshliu@gmail.com> writes:
>> > Hi, I'm a user of gnome-terminal. Currently the version is 3.0.1-1.
>> >
>> > Now if I try to type any characters, I just get part of them typed
>> > in. For example, if I type "ls", only "s" typed in. If I continuously
>> > type "asdf", only "as" typed in. The result seemd to be random.
>>
>> I have this problem too:

>> Very annoying (there are a lot of decent terminal programs in Debian,
>> but gnome-terminal is still the nicest I've found).
>>
>> -Miles
>>
> According to a reply to bug #631116, installing ibus-gtk3 solved the
> typing issue for me. But the bad style is still here. A reboot makes no
> difference.

Installing ibus-gtk3 did not some the problem for me.

-- hendrik