Old 06-27-2011, 12:04 AM
Rick Thomas

Default Default paper size in LibreOffice

I've tried everything I can think of, but every time I create a new
document in LibreOffice Writer it wants to print on A4 paper. I'm in
the US and everything else uses US-Letter paper. As I understand it,
the accepted way to set this is with "dpkg-reconfigure libpaper1". But
this has no effect on LibreOffice.

To reproduce the problem:

In Gnome go to the "Applications->Office->LibreOffice Writer" menu.
In the new document window, go to "File->Print" menu, click on the
"General" tab, click on the "Properties" button. Notice that it says
"A4" for paper size.

If I change that, I can print on Letter paper OK. But the next time I
open a document, I get the same thing.

What's the magic I'm missing?

I've googled; I've searched the help documentation, I've found lots of
suggestions. but none that work...

Thanks in advance!

Rick