FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
» Video Reviews

» Linux Archive

Linux-archive is a website aiming to archive linux email lists and to make them easily accessible for linux users/developers.


» Sponsor

» Partners

» Sponsor

Go Back   Linux Archive > Debian > Debian User

 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
 
Old 06-26-2011, 01:53 AM
Mark Panen
 
Default aptitude changelog message

Hi

I had a whole lot of updates and when i ran "aptitude safe-upgrade"
from a terminal, after the updates where downloaded i had a samba
chagelog message. I pressed enter and escape to try get rid of the
message but it did not help.

How do i close the message using aptitude?

Cheers

Mark


--
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@lists.debian.org
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact listmaster@lists.debian.org
Archive: BANLkTim3s7okzuzPn-Z5Zm8nT6L1TBzfwQ@mail.gmail.com">http://lists.debian.org/BANLkTim3s7okzuzPn-Z5Zm8nT6L1TBzfwQ@mail.gmail.com
 
Old 06-26-2011, 01:59 AM
wolf python london
 
Default aptitude changelog message

On 26 June 2011 09:53, Mark Panen <mark.panen@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi
>
> I had a whole lot of updates and when i ran "aptitude safe-upgrade"
> from a terminal, after the updates where downloaded i had a samba
> chagelog message. I pressed enter and escape to try get rid of the
> message but it did not help.
>
press 'q'

> How do i close the message using aptitude?
>
> Cheers
>
> Mark
>
>
> --
> To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@lists.debian.org
> with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact listmaster@lists.debian.org
> Archive: http://lists.debian.org/BANLkTim3s7okzuzPn-Z5Zm8nT6L1TBzfwQ@mail.gmail.com
>
>



--
________________________
wolf python london(WPL)
Do as you soul should do !
________________________


--
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@lists.debian.org
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact listmaster@lists.debian.org
Archive: BANLkTinf-pNbF-ieV0O3ocv4pWWnKCLjOg@mail.gmail.com">http://lists.debian.org/BANLkTinf-pNbF-ieV0O3ocv4pWWnKCLjOg@mail.gmail.com
 
Old 06-28-2011, 07:10 AM
Andrei POPESCU
 
Default aptitude changelog message

On Du, 26 iun 11, 03:53:29, Mark Panen wrote:
> Hi
>
> I had a whole lot of updates and when i ran "aptitude safe-upgrade"
> from a terminal, after the updates where downloaded i had a samba
> chagelog message. I pressed enter and escape to try get rid of the
> message but it did not help.

What you probably saw was a NEWS.Debian entry for the package in
question, displayed by apt-listchanges using the default pager (most
probably 'less').

Regards,
Andrei
--
Offtopic discussions among Debian users and developers:
http://lists.alioth.debian.org/mailman/listinfo/d-community-offtopic
 
Old 06-28-2011, 07:23 AM
Scott Ferguson
 
Default aptitude changelog message

On 28/06/11 17:10, Andrei POPESCU wrote:
> On Du, 26 iun 11, 03:53:29, Mark Panen wrote:
>> Hi
>>
>> I had a whole lot of updates and when i ran "aptitude safe-upgrade"
>> from a terminal, after the updates where downloaded i had a samba
>> chagelog message. I pressed enter and escape to try get rid of the
>> message but it did not help.
>
> What you probably saw was a NEWS.Debian entry for the package in
> question, displayed by apt-listchanges using the default pager (most
> probably 'less').
>
> Regards,
> Andrei

I got the same screen during last nights upgrades.
q and enter.
There'll be a mail message in /var/mail/user_name

Cheers

--
"I have a scoop for you. I stole his act.
I camouflaged it with punchlines, and to really throw people off, I did
it before he did."
~ Bill Hicks (on Dennis Leary)


--
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@lists.debian.org
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact listmaster@lists.debian.org
Archive: 4E098172.3060901@gmail.com">http://lists.debian.org/4E098172.3060901@gmail.com
 

Thread Tools




All times are GMT. The time now is 05:46 PM.

VBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2007, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright 2007 - 2008, www.linux-archive.org