FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
» Video Reviews

» Linux Archive

Linux-archive is a website aiming to archive linux email lists and to make them easily accessible for linux users/developers.


» Sponsor

» Partners

» Sponsor

Go Back   Linux Archive > Debian > Debian User

 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
 
Old 06-28-2011, 07:23 PM
Tom Furie
 
Default My CD and DVD are messed up

On Tue, Jun 28, 2011 at 06:55:48PM +0000, Camaleón wrote:

> Let's see:
>
> sm01@stt008:~$ ls -l /dev/disk/by-uuid/*
> lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 10 jun 28 07:56 /dev/disk/by-uuid/c6454fe5-20a5-4a58-bbdd-2f2c52dd5ca2 -> ../../sda3
> lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 10 jun 28 07:56 /dev/disk/by-uuid/cabbc008-f461-4691-b799-36fe39f39c68 -> ../../sdb1
> lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 10 jun 28 07:56 /dev/disk/by-uuid/ff87e2f7-0a9c-4cb8-bedb-eac6b479ef59 -> ../../sda2
>
> My DVD unit is not there.
>
> Indeed, is not under any "/dev/disk/*" node. Udev creates a symbolic link
> /dev/sdc* which points to /dev/sr*.

Are you sure it isn't under /dev/disk/by-path/?

Cheers,
Tom

--
<krogoth> Kgnghtbrd: I wouldn't kow, I see no need for a spellchecker yet
<Knghtbrd> you were saying?
 
Old 06-29-2011, 12:12 PM
Camaleón
 
Default My CD and DVD are messed up

On Tue, 28 Jun 2011 20:23:21 +0100, Tom Furie wrote:

> On Tue, Jun 28, 2011 at 06:55:48PM +0000, Camaleón wrote:

(...)

>> Indeed, is not under any "/dev/disk/*" node. Udev creates a symbolic
>> link /dev/sdc* which points to /dev/sr*.
>
> Are you sure it isn't under /dev/disk/by-path/?

Let me check it:

sm01@stt008:~$ ls -l /dev/disk/by-path/* | grep sr
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 9 jun 29 07:46 /dev/disk/by-path/pci-0000:00:1f.2-scsi-5:0:0:0 -> ../../sr0

Ah, yes, there is!

I completely by-passed this node. In my defense I'll say that I never
use "by-path" O:-)

Greetings,

--
Camaleón


--
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@lists.debian.org
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact listmaster@lists.debian.org
Archive: pan.2011.06.29.12.12.52@gmail.com">http://lists.debian.org/pan.2011.06.29.12.12.52@gmail.com
 
Old 06-29-2011, 12:12 PM
Camaleón
 
Default My CD and DVD are messed up

On Tue, 28 Jun 2011 20:23:21 +0100, Tom Furie wrote:

> On Tue, Jun 28, 2011 at 06:55:48PM +0000, Camaleón wrote:

(...)

>> Indeed, is not under any "/dev/disk/*" node. Udev creates a symbolic
>> link /dev/sdc* which points to /dev/sr*.
>
> Are you sure it isn't under /dev/disk/by-path/?

Let me check it:

sm01@stt008:~$ ls -l /dev/disk/by-path/* | grep sr
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 9 jun 29 07:46 /dev/disk/by-path/pci-0000:00:1f.2-scsi-5:0:0:0 -> ../../sr0

Ah, yes, there is!

I completely by-passed this node. In my defense I'll say that I never
use "by-path" O:-)

Greetings,

--
Camaleón


--
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@lists.debian.org
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact listmaster@lists.debian.org
Archive: pan.2011.06.29.12.12.52@gmail.com">http://lists.debian.org/pan.2011.06.29.12.12.52@gmail.com
 
Old 07-02-2011, 02:37 PM
T o n g
 
Default My CD and DVD are messed up

Hi,

Thanks everyone for the follow ups.
Sorry for responding late.

On Tue, 28 Jun 2011 17:07:08 +0000, Camaleón wrote:

>> On my system the /dev/cdrom is actually DVD while My CD is actually
>> /dev/ cdrom1.
>
> That does not match with a "correct" fstab file.
>
> Your primary device (dvd?) should point to "/dev/cdrom0" and secondary
> (cd-rom?) to "/dev/cdrom1".

Hmmm, Ok, maybe I've trimmed that trailing "0" from my primary device.
Here is how it looks now:

$ cat /etc/udev/rules.d/70-persistent-cd.rules
# This file maintains persistent names for CD/DVD reader and writer
devices.
# See udev(7) for syntax.
#
# Entries are automatically added by the 75-cd-aliases-generator.rules
# file; however you are also free to add your own entries provided you
# add the ENV{GENERATED}=1 flag to your own rules as well.
# DVD-RW_DVR-110D (pci-0000:00:06.0-scsi-0:0:1:0)
SUBSYSTEM=="block", ENV{ID_CDROM}=="?*", ENV{ID_PATH}=="pci-0000:00:06.0-
scsi-0:0:1:0", SYMLINK+="cdrom", ENV{GENERATED}="1"
SUBSYSTEM=="block", ENV{ID_CDROM}=="?*", ENV{ID_PATH}=="pci-0000:00:06.0-
scsi-0:0:1:0", SYMLINK+="cdrw", ENV{GENERATED}="1"
SUBSYSTEM=="block", ENV{ID_CDROM}=="?*", ENV{ID_PATH}=="pci-0000:00:06.0-
scsi-0:0:1:0", SYMLINK+="dvd", ENV{GENERATED}="1"
SUBSYSTEM=="block", ENV{ID_CDROM}=="?*", ENV{ID_PATH}=="pci-0000:00:06.0-
scsi-0:0:1:0", SYMLINK+="dvdrw", ENV{GENERATED}="1"

# CD-RW_CRX195E1 (pci-0000:00:06.0-scsi-0:0:0:0)
SUBSYSTEM=="block", ENV{ID_CDROM}=="?*", ENV{ID_PATH}=="pci-0000:00:06.0-
scsi-0:0:0:0", SYMLINK+="cdrom1", ENV{GENERATED}="1"
SUBSYSTEM=="block", ENV{ID_CDROM}=="?*", ENV{ID_PATH}=="pci-0000:00:06.0-
scsi-0:0:0:0", SYMLINK+="cdrw1", ENV{GENERATED}="1"

# Virtual_CD_070A (pci-0000:00:02.1-usb-0:8:1.0-scsi-0:0:0:1)
SUBSYSTEM=="block", ENV{ID_CDROM}=="?*", ENV{ID_SERIAL}
=="WD_Virtual_CD_070A_575837304139393534343636-0:1", SYMLINK+="cdrom2",
ENV{GENERATED}="1"


>> So I put my *CD* in my *CD drive* an launch asunder the ripper to rip
>> it, but nothing happens in asunder. The ripperx will at least tell me
>> that no media is found in drive.
>>
>> Clearer this time?
>
> Yes... well, errr, no.
>
> cat /etc/fstab
> dmesg | grep -i -e "cd-rom" -e dvd
> ls -l /dev/scd*

$ dmesg | grep -i -e "cd-rom" -e dvd

-- has been quite a while since last reboot, :-)

$ grep -i -e "cd-rom" -e dvd /var/log/dmesg
[ 1.591627] ata3.01: ATAPI: PIONEER DVD-RW DVR-110D, 1.17, max UDMA/66
[ 2.558336] scsi 2:0:0:0: CD-ROM SONY CD-RW CRX195E1
ZYS5 PQ: 0 ANSI: 5
[ 2.559599] Uniform CD-ROM driver Revision: 3.20
[ 2.559746] sr 2:0:0:0: Attached scsi CD-ROM sr0
[ 2.565682] scsi 2:0:1:0: CD-ROM PIONEER DVD-RW DVR-110D
1.17 PQ: 0 ANSI: 5
[ 2.584166] sr 2:0:1:0: Attached scsi CD-ROM sr1

$ ls -l /dev/scd* /dev/dvd /dev/cdrom /dev/cdrom1
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 3 2011-07-01 16:58 /dev/cdrom -> sr1
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 3 2011-07-01 15:21 /dev/cdrom1 -> sr0
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 3 2011-07-01 16:58 /dev/dvd -> sr1
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 3 2011-07-01 15:21 /dev/scd0 -> sr0
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 3 2011-07-01 16:58 /dev/scd1 -> sr1

$ grep '/media/' /etc/fstab
/dev/scd0 /media/cdrom auto users,noauto,exec,ro 0 0
/dev/dvd /media/dvd auto users,noauto,exec,ro 0 0

On Tue, 28 Jun 2011 18:55:48 +0000, Camaleón wrote:

> Yep, or use udev rules:
>
> CD/DVD drives
> http://reactivated.net/writing_udev_rules.html#example-cdrom

Where should I put those rules? I believe that /etc/udev/rules.d/70-
persistent-cd.rules is automatically generated by the 75-cd-aliases-
generator.rules. I hope that I can put those rules in a standalone file
which can overwrite settings in /etc/udev/rules.d/70-persistent-cd.rules.

BTW, that document is about 5 years old now, and my Debian doesn't have
commands like udevtrigger, udevcontrol and udevtest for udev rules
testing and debugging and more.

What are the equivalents for them?

Thanks

--
Tong (remove underscore(s) to reply)
http://xpt.sourceforge.net/techdocs/
http://xpt.sourceforge.net/tools/


--
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@lists.debian.org
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact listmaster@lists.debian.org
Archive: iunaff$50q$1@dough.gmane.org">http://lists.debian.org/iunaff$50q$1@dough.gmane.org
 
Old 07-02-2011, 02:47 PM
Brian
 
Default My CD and DVD are messed up

On Sat 02 Jul 2011 at 14:37:35 +0000, T o n g wrote:

> BTW, that document is about 5 years old now, and my Debian doesn't have
> commands like udevtrigger, udevcontrol and udevtest for udev rules
> testing and debugging and more.
>
> What are the equivalents for them?

udevadm(8) or use the command without any options.


--
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@lists.debian.org
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact listmaster@lists.debian.org
Archive: 20110702144705.GR15615@desktop">http://lists.debian.org/20110702144705.GR15615@desktop
 
Old 07-02-2011, 04:06 PM
Camaleón
 
Default My CD and DVD are messed up

On Sat, 02 Jul 2011 14:37:35 +0000, T o n g wrote:

> On Tue, 28 Jun 2011 17:07:08 +0000, Camaleón wrote:
>
>>> On my system the /dev/cdrom is actually DVD while My CD is actually
>>> /dev/ cdrom1.
>>
>> That does not match with a "correct" fstab file.
>>
>> Your primary device (dvd?) should point to "/dev/cdrom0" and secondary
>> (cd-rom?) to "/dev/cdrom1".
>
> Hmmm, Ok, maybe I've trimmed that trailing "0" from my primary device.
> Here is how it looks now:
>
> $ cat /etc/udev/rules.d/70-persistent-cd.rules
> # This file maintains persistent names for CD/DVD reader and writer devices.
> # See udev(7) for syntax.
> #
> # Entries are automatically added by the 75-cd-aliases-generator.rules
> # file; however you are also free to add your own entries provided you
> # add the ENV{GENERATED}=1 flag to your own rules as well.

(...)

Okay, let's then base in those rules. I can guess that you want:

- DVD to be under "/dev/dvd"
- CD-R to be under "/dev/cdrom"

Is that right? If no, just make your own adjustements. If yes, I would
try:

# DVD-RW_DVR-110D (pci-0000:00:06.0-scsi-0:0:1:0)
#SUBSYSTEM=="block", ENV{ID_CDROM}=="?*", ENV{ID_PATH}=="pci-0000:00:06.0-scsi-0:0:1:0", SYMLINK+="cdrom", ENV{GENERATED}="1"
#SUBSYSTEM=="block", ENV{ID_CDROM}=="?*", ENV{ID_PATH}=="pci-0000:00:06.0-scsi-0:0:1:0", SYMLINK+="cdrw", ENV{GENERATED}="1"
SUBSYSTEM=="block", ENV{ID_CDROM}=="?*", ENV{ID_PATH}=="pci-0000:00:06.0-scsi-0:0:1:0", SYMLINK+="dvd", ENV{GENERATED}="1"
#SUBSYSTEM=="block", ENV{ID_CDROM}=="?*", ENV{ID_PATH}=="pci-0000:00:06.0-scsi-0:0:1:0", SYMLINK+="dvdrw", ENV{GENERATED}="1"

# CD-RW_CRX195E1 (pci-0000:00:06.0-scsi-0:0:0:0)
#SUBSYSTEM=="block", ENV{ID_CDROM}=="?*", ENV{ID_PATH}=="pci-0000:00:06.0-scsi-0:0:0:0", SYMLINK+="cdrom1", ENV{GENERATED}="1"
#SUBSYSTEM=="block", ENV{ID_CDROM}=="?*", ENV{ID_PATH}=="pci-0000:00:06.0-scsi-0:0:0:0", SYMLINK+="cdrw1", ENV{GENERATED}="1"
SUBSYSTEM=="block", ENV{ID_CDROM}=="?*", ENV{ID_PATH}=="pci-0000:00:06.0-scsi-0:0:0:0", SYMLINK+="cdrom", ENV{GENERATED}="1"

# Virtual_CD_070A (pci-0000:00:02.1-usb-0:8:1.0-scsi-0:0:0:1)
SUBSYSTEM=="block", ENV{ID_CDROM}=="?*", ENV{ID_SERIAL}=="WD_Virtual_CD_070A_57583730413939 3534343636-0:1", SYMLINK+="cdrom2", ENV{GENERATED}="1"

That is:

- From the DVD entries, disable (#) all but the one that makes "dvd"
node.
- From the CD-R entries, disable (#) all and add a new one that makes
"cdrom" node.

After making the changes, restart or re-run udev rules to regenerate
them.

>> Yep, or use udev rules:
>>
>> CD/DVD drives
>> http://reactivated.net/writing_udev_rules.html#example-cdrom
>
> Where should I put those rules? I believe that /etc/udev/rules.d/70-
> persistent-cd.rules is automatically generated by the 75-cd-aliases-
> generator.rules. I hope that I can put those rules in a standalone file
> which can overwrite settings in
> /etc/udev/rules.d/70-persistent-cd.rules.

You can edit the same file. If after that it works as you want, you can
then put them in another file, just read Debian udev the docs to follow
the instructions. As you already pointed out, this has changed in a very
short period of time so depending on your Debian version, YMMV.

> BTW, that document is about 5 years old now, and my Debian doesn't have
> commands like udevtrigger, udevcontrol and udevtest for udev rules
> testing and debugging and more.
>
> What are the equivalents for them?

Yep, udevadm (as Brian suggested) should point to the new commands. Whether
in doubt, restarting also help.

Greetings,

--
Camaleón


--
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@lists.debian.org
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact listmaster@lists.debian.org
Archive: pan.2011.07.02.16.06.21@gmail.com">http://lists.debian.org/pan.2011.07.02.16.06.21@gmail.com
 
Old 07-03-2011, 03:18 AM
T o n g
 
Default My CD and DVD are messed up

On Sat, 02 Jul 2011 16:06:23 +0000, Camaleón wrote:

> just read Debian udev the docs to follow the instructions.

Hi Camaleón,

Thanks for your reply. However, I was having a hard time trying to find
what you meant by "Debian udev the docs". All that I found are bit and
pieces here and there. Would you be so kind to give me a list to read
please?

> I would try:
>
> # DVD-RW_DVR-110D (pci-0000:00:06.0-scsi-0:0:1:0) #SUBSYSTEM=="block",
> ENV{ID_CDROM}=="?*", ENV{ID_PATH}=="pci-0000:00:06.0-scsi-0:0:1:0",
> SYMLINK+="cdrom", ENV{GENERATED}="1" #SUBSYSTEM=="block",
> ENV{ID_CDROM}=="?*", ENV{ID_PATH}=="pci-0000:00:06.0-scsi-0:0:1:0",
> SYMLINK+="cdrw", ENV{GENERATED}="1" SUBSYSTEM=="block",
> ENV{ID_CDROM}=="?*", ENV{ID_PATH}=="pci-0000:00:06.0-scsi-0:0:1:0",
> SYMLINK+="dvd", ENV{GENERATED}="1" #SUBSYSTEM=="block",
> ENV{ID_CDROM}=="?*", ENV{ID_PATH}=="pci-0000:00:06.0-scsi-0:0:1:0",
> SYMLINK+="dvdrw", ENV{GENERATED}="1"
>
> # CD-RW_CRX195E1 (pci-0000:00:06.0-scsi-0:0:0:0) #SUBSYSTEM=="block",
> ENV{ID_CDROM}=="?*", ENV{ID_PATH}=="pci-0000:00:06.0-scsi-0:0:0:0",
> SYMLINK+="cdrom1", ENV{GENERATED}="1" #SUBSYSTEM=="block",
> ENV{ID_CDROM}=="?*", ENV{ID_PATH}=="pci-0000:00:06.0-scsi-0:0:0:0",
> SYMLINK+="cdrw1", ENV{GENERATED}="1" SUBSYSTEM=="block",
> ENV{ID_CDROM}=="?*", ENV{ID_PATH}=="pci-0000:00:06.0-scsi-0:0:0:0",
> SYMLINK+="cdrom", ENV{GENERATED}="1"
>
> # Virtual_CD_070A (pci-0000:00:02.1-usb-0:8:1.0-scsi-0:0:0:1)
> SUBSYSTEM=="block", ENV{ID_CDROM}=="?*",
> ENV{ID_SERIAL}=="WD_Virtual_CD_070A_57583730413939 3534343636-0:1",
> SYMLINK+="cdrom2", ENV{GENERATED}="1"
>
> That is:
>
> - From the DVD entries, disable (#) all but the one that makes "dvd"
> node.
> - From the CD-R entries, disable (#) all and add a new one that makes
> "cdrom" node.

That looks substantially different from the examples given from
http://reactivated.net/writing_udev_rules.html#example-cdrom:

SUBSYSTEM=="block", KERNEL=="hdc", SYMLINK+="dvd", GROUP="cdrom"
SUBSYSTEM=="block", KERNEL=="hdd", SYMLINK+="dvdrw", GROUP="cdrom"

I guess the above example is already obsolete, or it is still OK?

>> Where should I put those rules? I believe that /etc/udev/rules.d/70-
>> persistent-cd.rules is automatically generated by the 75-cd-aliases-
>> generator.rules. I hope that I can put those rules in a standalone file
>> which can overwrite settings in
>> /etc/udev/rules.d/70-persistent-cd.rules.
>
> You can edit the same file. If after that it works as you want, you can
> then put them in another file,

Ok, so say after it works as I want, I put them in another file,
/etc/udev/rules.d/71-my-cd.rules,
but how would I overwrite the settings in /etc/udev/rules.d/70-persistent-
cd.rules, which was automatically generated by the 75-cd-aliases-
generator.rules? I.e., wouldn't those line that I disabled (by #) would
come up again once the /etc/udev/rules.d/70-persistent-cd.rules is
regenerated?

Thanks

--
Tong (remove underscore(s) to reply)
http://xpt.sourceforge.net/techdocs/
http://xpt.sourceforge.net/tools/


--
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@lists.debian.org
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact listmaster@lists.debian.org
Archive: iuon1d$g3h$1@dough.gmane.org">http://lists.debian.org/iuon1d$g3h$1@dough.gmane.org
 
Old 07-03-2011, 03:51 PM
Camaleón
 
Default My CD and DVD are messed up

On Sun, 03 Jul 2011 03:18:05 +0000, T o n g wrote:

> On Sat, 02 Jul 2011 16:06:23 +0000, Camaleón wrote:
>
>> just read Debian udev the docs to follow the instructions.
>
> Hi Camaleón,
>
> Thanks for your reply. However, I was having a hard time trying to find
> what you meant by "Debian udev the docs".

There was an error on my phrase. I should have written "just read Debian
udev docs".

> All that I found are bit and pieces here and there. Would you be so
> kind to give me a list to read please?

I don't think Debian wiki is updated enough but this can also be of help:

http://wiki.debian.org/udev

And of course, "udev" package docs:

/usr/share/doc/udev/*

>> I would try:

(...)

>> That is:
>>
>> - From the DVD entries, disable (#) all but the one that makes "dvd"
>> node.
>> - From the CD-R entries, disable (#) all and add a new one that makes
>> "cdrom" node.
>
> That looks substantially different from the examples given from
> http://reactivated.net/writing_udev_rules.html

> #example-cdrom:
>
> SUBSYSTEM=="block", KERNEL=="hdc", SYMLINK+="dvd", GROUP="cdrom"
> SUBSYSTEM=="block", KERNEL=="hdd", SYMLINK+="dvdrw", GROUP="cdrom"
>
> I guess the above example is already obsolete, or it is still OK?

More than obsolete, I think udev provides many ways for doing the same
thing. Also, if you carefully look at the "/etc/udev/rules.d/70-
persistent-cd.rules" file, it says that all the entries have to finish
with "ENV{GENERATED}=1" flag, and this can be a requirement only for
Debian.

>>> Where should I put those rules? I believe that /etc/udev/rules.d/70-
>>> persistent-cd.rules is automatically generated by the 75-cd-aliases-
>>> generator.rules. I hope that I can put those rules in a standalone
>>> file which can overwrite settings in
>>> /etc/udev/rules.d/70-persistent-cd.rules.
>>
>> You can edit the same file. If after that it works as you want, you can
>> then put them in another file,
>
> Ok, so say after it works as I want,

You need first to catch the bear before sell his skin :-)

> I put them in another file, /etc/udev/rules.d/71-my-cd.rules,
> but how would I overwrite the settings in /etc/udev/rules.d/70
> -persistent- cd.rules, which was automatically generated by the 75-cd
> -aliases- generator.rules? I.e., wouldn't those line that I disabled (by
> #) would come up again once the /etc/udev/rules.d/70-persistent
> -cd.rules is regenerated?

Good question. Let's see what "man udev" has to say:

***
Rules files

The udev rules are read from the files located in the default rules
directory /lib/udev/rules.d/, the custom rules directory /etc/udev/
rules.d/ and the temporary rules directory /dev/.udev/rules.d/. All rule
files are sorted and processed in lexical order, regardless in which of
these directories they live. Every line in the rules file contains at
least one key value pair. There are two kind of keys, match and
assignment keys. If all match keys are matching against its value, the
rule gets applied and the assign keys get the specified value assigned.

(...)
***

So here we have a problem. What will prevail...?

1/ A matching rule read at first place (e.g., 69-my-cd.rules) → once a
rule hits a match, the rest are ignored

2/ A matching rule read at last (e.g., 71-my-cd.rules) → last match wins

3/ None of the above → there can't be "confronting" rules

Unless someone knows the answer (I don't) you will have to test ;-)

Greetings,

--
Camaleón


--
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@lists.debian.org
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact listmaster@lists.debian.org
Archive: pan.2011.07.03.15.51.56@gmail.com">http://lists.debian.org/pan.2011.07.03.15.51.56@gmail.com
 
Old 07-03-2011, 04:02 PM
Nicolas Bercher
 
Default My CD and DVD are messed up

On 28/06/2011 20:48, Tom Furie wrote:

Or perhaps edit /etc/udev/rules.d/70-persistent-cd.rules so that the
devices get the links in /dev that he wants.

Cheers,
Tom
I also think this is the solution because udev names devices on startup, so if you want
something permanent, that's the way to do it.


Things in /dev/disk/by-* are only views constructed afterwards.

Nicolas


--
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@lists.debian.org
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact listmaster@lists.debian.org

Archive: 4E109286.2090504@yahoo.fr">http://lists.debian.org/4E109286.2090504@yahoo.fr
 
Old 07-03-2011, 04:09 PM
Nicolas Bercher
 
Default My CD and DVD are messed up

On 25/06/2011 19:58, lee wrote:

T o n g<mlist4suntong@yahoo.com> writes:


On my system the /dev/cdrom is actually DVD while My CD is actually /dev/
cdrom1. This confuse most of the media software. How can I fix it?


Do you have entries about these devices in /etc/fstab?


Be careful that entries in /etc/fstab are only useful to actually mount a cdrom file
system. When ripping audio cds, the /etc/fstab entry is completely useless because you're
not supposed to mount an audio cd (even though this is possible with the package cdfs-src).


Nicolas


--
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@lists.debian.org
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact listmaster@lists.debian.org

Archive: 4E109457.90403@yahoo.fr">http://lists.debian.org/4E109457.90403@yahoo.fr
 

Thread Tools




All times are GMT. The time now is 08:44 AM.

VBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2007, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright ©2007 - 2008, www.linux-archive.org