Old 06-24-2011, 09:20 PM
Urs Thuermann

Default How to make X11 server listen to TCP connections?

I use Gnome and gdm3 for login. I want my X11 server to listen for
TCP connections on port 6000 from remote machines. But I haven't
found anything in the documentation of gdm3 and in gdm's config files.

urs

Old 06-25-2011, 12:34 AM
lee

Urs Thuermann <urs@isnogud.escape.de> writes:

> I use Gnome and gdm3 for login. I want my X11 server to listen for
> TCP connections on port 6000 from remote machines. But I haven't
> found anything in the documentation of gdm3 and in gdm's config files.

The default for the X server in Debian is not to listen to network
connections. See /etc/X11/xinit/xserverrc. You've probably been looking
in the wrong place ...

Old 06-25-2011, 10:12 AM
Camaleón

On Fri, 24 Jun 2011 23:20:15 +0200, Urs Thuermann wrote:

> I use Gnome and gdm3 for login. I want my X11 server to listen for TCP
> connections on port 6000 from remote machines. But I haven't found
> anything in the documentation of gdm3 and in gdm's config files.

GDM3 put some variables at "/etc/gdm3/daemon.conf" (e.g., "DisallowTCP =
false").

To get the current X parameters:

sm01@stt008:~$ ps ax | grep X
3166 tty7 SLs+ 12:59 /usr/bin/X :0 -audit 0 -auth /var/lib/gdm/:0.Xauth -nolisten tcp vt7
4546 pts/0 S+ 0:00 grep X

Greetings,

--
Camaleón