Old 06-24-2011, 09:24 PM
Urs Thuermann

Default How can I select the locale for a Gnome seesion?

When I installed Debian on my laptop I chose US English as language
and selected a couple of locales to generate. When I login using
gdm3, everything is English. But my wife prefers German. I know I
can run programs from the shell like LANG=de_DE foo but how can I
change the language for a whole Gnome session?

urs

Old 06-25-2011, 08:52 AM
Camaleón

On Fri, 24 Jun 2011 23:24:57 +0200, Urs Thuermann wrote:

> When I installed Debian on my laptop I chose US English as language and
> selected a couple of locales to generate. When I login using gdm3,
> everything is English. But my wife prefers German. I know I can run
> programs from the shell like LANG=de_DE foo but how can I change the
> language for a whole Gnome session?

If you already added German as locale, you can select this at GDM3 login
screen (drop-down menu buttons are at the bottom).

Greetings,

--
Camaleón